• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Opel Blitz 1/48

Kreighshoer

while tirpitz is still on hold (have to buy 30 more meters of fibre optics before i can continue) i decided to build the first of three opel blitz, the quarterscale one, the braille kit is reserved for quosm in april ...

started today at 2pm and decided to stop at 3pm or i would be done with construction today already - cab is fixed with a screw, not glued in yet!

Antonio Vivaldi - Concerto Grosso Op.3 N°11

construction1left.jpg

construction1right.jpg

:soldier

I like it! I'm itching to build some 1/48 vehicles- in the meantime I'll just watch yours.

Cheers!
chuk

hmmmm ... :blush: ... i had to remove the tires from the wheels, i had forgotten to isolate the wheels with aluminium foil!

how embarrassing! :blush:

if the wheels aren't isolated, the rubber tires would slowly but surely leak into the wheels and soften the plastic, resulting in ugly blobs!

the details are quite fine on that kit but nothing to what one is used when 1/35 is the regular choice of scale!

the funky thing is that this kit is an italeri reboxing and it's the spitted image of the italeri braille kit i bought last week ... it will be interesting to build the other kit in april! (i'll paint both kits simultaneously btw, so no paint until april on this one!)

You wrote three, now I know this one (Italeri re-boxed by Tamiya), 72nd scale is Italeri, is the third 1/35th? If so, from Italeri, Dragon/CyberHobby, or Tamiya?

The last braille scale Opel Blitz I built were from ESCI. These were reboxed by Italeri so I look forward to your small scale kit to see if it is new tool or the ESCI molds.

Roden, or some other Eastern European company, released a series of Opel Blitz in 72nd scale. In 87th (HO) scale, I had Roco Minitanks.

Regards,

Partial quote:
...if the wheels aren't isolated, the rubber tires would slowly but surely leak into the wheels and soften the plastic, resulting in ugly blobs!....

Could you show us your wheel/tire isolation technique with the foil?
I'm curious about how you would do that.

Thanks,

Bill

saúl - it'll be the tamiya opel in 1/35

Could you show us your wheel/tire isolation technique with the foil?
I'm curious about how you would do that.

here you are bill:

wheelisolation.jpg

it's very easy and like everything in modelling no rocket science: spread out some ca glue on the wheel, take a length of aluminium foil and wrap it around the wheel, then trim with a #11 blade and the wheels will be isolated from the softeners in the rubber/vinyl. uncovered spots can be covered with small bits of foil afterwards ...

it doesn't have to look perfect as it will be covered by the tire ... and it's much easier to do that job BEFORE you glue the wheels in place - you can see that the back wheels on the LHS broke away( :bang head )

Nice build so far Laura! to bad about the wheel, but it's an easy fix.
:zen :zen :zen :zen
:popcorn
//Mats

i should have finished the kit last monday when i was on a roll ... the whole week i had no time to do anything! :S

whatever ... today i painted the interior, dipped the clear parts in klear and *snap* the right side window snapped and ... flew behind the heating ... where else ... i bit the bullet, cut a new one from some packing material, dipped it in klear and ... it snapped and flew away ... :angry:

well ... the third window is now in place but i made a big damn mistake ... i glued in the cabin and afterwards noticed that i didn't paint the cargo bay behind the back window! :bang head

last good laugh today was the hood, it is that bad warped that when glued in place, the bumper is completely askew! thank god this won't be seen when the truck is in place in the fjord ...

ok - first truck of the convoy done, two more to go! paint will follow when i'm done with the brailletruck!

Kris Kristofferson - Convoy

constructiondoneleft.jpg

constructiondoneright.jpg

:soldier

(y) Respect for going thrue all that and not smackin' it in the nearest wall!
Lookin' forward to see the next step (and i hope that goes without more accidents)
//Mats

Tamiya-Italeri Italeri.... Italeri

You´re a brave modeler! Such an awful kit!I started mine once released .... but I´ll never finish it! But you did the best on it! Nice work.

Can´t wait to see it finished!

ok - the quarterscale truck can be declared done ... mishap of the day: when removing the masking the RHS cabin window broke lose and just when i had applied some glue to glue it back in place it fell into the cabin, no chance to ever get it back!

in general i have to say that i really hate clear parts, no matter what i try with future 'n stuff, they always have some nasty spots i don't dare to touch again ... whatever ... we all need our personal nemesis in modelling, so it seems!

Kirlian Camera - Eclipse

done1~2.jpg

done2~2.jpg

done4~1.jpg

done3~2.jpg

Back