• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

tamiya Jagdtiger

D

dave samson

here is my latest project i am working on . it is the tamiya Jagdtiger with a R.B model barrel. Plz tell me your suggestions,corrections and advice on this beast thank you!

DSC_0230.jpg
[/img]
DSC_0227.jpg
[/img]
DSC_0236.jpg

DSC_0237.jpg

DSC_0238.jpg

DSC_0239.jpg

DSC_0240.jpg

DSC_0241.jpg

next to go on is the dark green camo ,this vehicle will be #331 as i like the idea it is at Aberdeen on display.i am not an expert on what it really looked like back in the 40's so i am just going a little off of color charts from the kit :)

Can't give any corrections but I can give a pat on the back for the paint scheme. I like how you outlined the camo, did you hand brush that part?

thanks Pup! the camo is brush painted then filled in! i am experimenting with smaller needle sizes in my grex a.b it looks rough to me me but will improve with practice :lol:

The only thing I know is no matter how good you are with a Airbrush, you still have to practice, and practice some more. Looks good Dave

well i thought i had this baby painted up good....but then the camera found a few spots :eek:hmy: i now have all the colors on and ill fix up the few transparent colors and move on :laugh:

DSC_0242.jpg

DSC_0243.jpg

DSC_0244.jpg

DSC_0245.jpg

DSC_0246.jpg

DSC_0247.jpg

DSC_0249.jpg

DSC_0250.jpg

The green added a bunch to the look, Dave! It is always interesting to see the photos, somehow the camera always picks up the missed spots (at least with my builds!) Nice work, keep going! :ro:

today i have added in some decals and cleaned up a few places as well as sprayed the wheel area with buff . I am going out of town for a few days and will start the weathering when i get back ,this has been a very fun kit to build :woohoo:

DSC_0255.jpg

DSC_0256.jpg

DSC_0257.jpg

DSC_0258.jpg

It looks really good,nice progress.I have a build log going also,I am just a little behind you.It really is a great kit,and I am looking foward to see yours finished.

I did read in jim Hensley's reference "Jagdpanzer" that 331 was originally painted in an ambush scheme.Yhat however is his interpetation of the photos.

thank you everyone for the comments ill keep working at it :)

Back