• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Jagdtiger

mike walsh

Master at Arms
Hi,

Here is the early beginnings to a big tank build .
Be nice because I cannot recall when the last time was doing something as bid as
a Jagdtiger.
Here it is

Voyager etch and fenders ,lionmark barrel ,Fruils are on the way .
Figures :hmmm there is so many nice ones around where I really need
to see what will work :)
The Jagdtiger will be from 653 but still in the air as to which vehicle I want to portray.

jagdtigerbuild1a.jpg

more to follow

Michael :)

Re:Michael's Jagdtiger

Hi Michael.

That Tamiya kit is just a fantastic box of plastic. And I have come to absolutely love those Voyager sets. They are just great. When are you going to be able to start on this. Because I really want to see one come together.

Gary B)

Re: Michael's Jagdtiger

I got one of these for the future,got the friuls cheap from Pac-Coast.I look foward to following yours and learning.

Ok , here we go,the early stage of build.

The wheels ,very tedious sanding the seamlines off each rim.
So much time consumed doing this.But its a must do item .

once rims are done I will get back in and experiment with the weld seems on the lower hull.

The first stage
jagdtigerbase.jpg

jadtigerwheel2.jpg

jadgtigerwheels.jpg

Voyager etch
jagdtigeretch.jpg

jagdtigeretchinstructions.jpg

Michael

Hiya Michael.

It may be a little late now, but you might be able to use it on your next job. A tip I picked up a long time ago is to build your running gear, then chuck them in a dremel with a speed control, or a cordless drill to spin them on a piece of sanding paper. It's quite a bit quicker than scraping them with an x-acto, or hand sanding each of them. But now you are through one of the most boring parts of building an AFV. And hopefully we can start to see some of all that brass you have stacked up and ready to go on this beauty.

Gary B)

Thanks Gary

I have got a dremel but the last time I did that I got
a little over excited and took off more plastic on the road wheel than
I should of :( :X :ermm:

Hence I'm back to the good old fashion way :laugh:

Hi Mike.

mike walsh wrote:
Thanks Gary

I have got a dremel but the last time I did that I got
a little over excited and took off more plastic on the road wheel than
I should of :( :X :ermm:

Hence I'm back to the good old fashion way :laugh:

That is why you need the speed control set at about 10 or 20 revolutions per second. It's a little easier to control than the average dremel setting of about 30,000 RPM :S . And if you don't have a speed control for your dremel, you can use an electric drill, either cordless, or the old fashioned :huh: plug in type.

Gary B)

That's a load of brass you have there, Michael! Best of luck with the build! :ro:

I used to do HVAC work,and thats more metal then I've seen on some A/C systems !!Good luck,this should be good.

Thanks Johnny,mike and raiderfan

I'm switching inbetween the jagdtiger and Nashorn builds and
both vehicles with the voyager etch on both spw's at the same time is quite a challenge :pinch: :laugh:

Michael

Hey Mike!!

Good start you got going there! A little more and we will have our own company of tigers, ;)

dave

Thanks Dave and Shawn,

sorry for the late reply I've been head down with the Jagd to get
it all ready for the PE

The vehicle is near completion of all plastic components ,here is where the etch fenders ,track tools...etc come into play .

The next challenge awaits me :hmmm :)

hull1.jpg

hull2.jpg

hull3.jpg

jagdlayout5thmarch2010.jpg

jagdprog5th.jpg

jagdprogb.jpg

jagdprog5tha.jpg

Thanks Laura,

I'm lookin forward to making up the photoetch fenders

I can't wait to damage them up :)

Michael

Lovely Beast!

Clean build and I like how you photograph the sub assemblies!

I've never built one of these...... Have one in my stash and look forward to start it.... someday!!

Regards
Noel

Back