• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Horch w/ 2cm Flak 38

Here's the link https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/weathering/59041-weathering-pt-1-mr-ts-weathering-sbs

The dirt color you used looks too close to the wheel color to me, maybe a little lighter and another dry brush?

(y)

Agreed but that can be easily rectified with a wash to either darken and or lighten

heres one thing that works for me and thats I work from the inside out,..do the hub first and tyre treads last that way you can change the colour tones for hubs and tyres

We have Future! Got everything but the wheels Futured tonight. The jury is out at the moment whether I'll repaint w/ the lighter color, or go w/ Andy's suggestion of just using a wash to lighten up the wheels. I think at this point I'm leaning toward using the wash, so I can go ahead & finish the tires up and get them Futured too, so I can start washing & weathering everything.

DSC01697.jpg

I had hoped to get more done today, but w/ the just brutal heat outside, it made the laundry room where my paint booth is at, just too hot to work. I also didnt have the energy to do much today after running a couple errands in the heat.

The parts will get tossed into the dehydrator tonight, so that they will be completely dry by the time I get home from work & the gym tomorrow afternoon, so I can start w/ a detail wash tomorrow afternoon, and then go from there.

Had a few days here last year in the 120F Tried airbrushing and all I got was paint dust on the model. Hope it cools down fast for you.

Looking good :popcorn

She be dirty!!!

Using Pro Modeler Black wash, just smeared it all over everything w/ a 1/2" wide brush.

DSC01699.jpg

DSC01701.jpg

Then started cleaning it off. Got part of the way before running out of steam and calling it a night.

DSC01702.jpg

DSC01703.jpg

DSC01704.jpg

DSC01705.jpg

DSC01706.jpg

I'll get the rest of it cleaned tomorrow after I get home from work, might have a few places, like the back bumper area, where I might apply some more to fill in some places that got missed, or that got cleaned more than I wanted them. Then it'll be onto the dry brushing to bring out the highlights, and then I'm going to go my first attempt at chipped paint using the sponge method, since I skipped over doing the chipped paint using hair spray.

Havent touched it in a couple of days. Havent had time to do much modeling this week, and what time I have had, I've spent working on my GT One, but I'll most likely be working on it this weekend. Would like to get it finished so I can focus on the GT One.

First update of the weekend (hopefully should have more progress later to post).

I finished cleaning up the wash I put on everything, and touched up the area's that I either missed or cleaned too much.

DSC01726.jpg

DSC01725.jpg

DSC01728.jpg

DSC01729.jpg

This was the biggest area I had to redo. In the last update, I noticed I had missed or cleaned out, part of the door gap. I think it looks a whole lot better

Before

DSC01702.jpg

After

DSC01722.jpg

Now I'm going to go back to working on drybrushing the tires. Hopefully I can get them done today and then future them tomorrow.

I also picked up some makeup sponges at the World of Wally today t hat I will use to attempt scuffed & rusted paint.

Back