• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Famo with trailer

Jogy

I't's a big model even in scale ...

001-Doos%20Famo.jpg

The box was a present last year for my birthday and put in the closet for better days. In 2011 I started to complete a lot of ongoing projects, that for various reasons were never completed. My work turned the desk finally empty enough for the trailer and Famo.

The box is very well filled with sprues and other components. On PMMS is more to find what's in the box.

I have also some aftermarkets sets for this kit from Aber.

After collecting various books and information on the internet I started working on this project. I have a book from WWP and the Nuts & Bolts 12, so enough information for detailling this kit.

Now some pictures from my work in progress ...
002-Onderstel.jpg

003-Onderstel.jpg

And a bit more details ...
004-Bekabeling%20carrosserie.jpg

005-Bekabeling%20carrosserie.jpg

006-Bekabeling%20carrosserie.jpg

This for now, hope you like it.

Johanna

The Sd.Kfz. 9 is one of my favorites. I still have a second kit in my stash for TMD's crane.

Regards,

Cool. I have one of these with all the goodies and crane in my stash also. Looking forward to this build.
James

Nice start and already some nice details on the engine there :)
also glad to hear that there are more than me who have unfinished projects cluttering the buildarea!

Awesome!!...Can't wait to see progress on this one.

Are you planning on using resin wheels? I would recommend it, as I have personally seen the vinyl kit tires disintegrate over time.

Any thoughts on a load for the trailer?

(I mean, like...who doesn't own this kit?)

Tom

(I mean, like...who doesn't own this kit?)

Tom

Sheepishly raises Hand ..... :blush: I don't own this kit ... This & th Crane conversion have always been just outta reach .... I keep hoping to find one at a show for a Deep Dish discount .... :bang head

:drinks Here's to hopin' !!

JOGY - I'm lookin forward to this build !! I love th detailing so far !!! Great Job !! Hmmmm :hmmm How about a Lend Lease Churchill on th Trailer ??

raises hand!

i too don't have this combo in my stash! sadly! but maybe that will change in the future ...

great start johanna - do you have any hint for us what will be the load?

LOL... add me to the list of people with this kit in their stash! :laugh:

At this rate we could have a GB based just on this Tamiya kit! j/k

Another raised hand...not sure I will tackle another halftrack. Just too much you have to do to make it right.

Great start Johanna!

Thanks to you all for the nice support. I do have also the Famo without trailer in stash and lucky enough I have still enough space after a visite to Germany (Modelbau Koenig and the new Sockelshop, where some of my work is showed.)

What will be on the trailer .... I don't know, because I'm a person how makes a lot of ideas but has problems with concentration and finishing work, so I do step by step and the future will learn and show what happends with this project.

So please stay tuned, more will come ;)

Johanna

Hi,
Thanks!

I have a small update because it goes slow, live is not that fun at the moment, so the building proces is also going very slow.

But I have some pictures which shows the wheel test. This part is ready for painting, but when I will start with that, I don't know.

The pictures.
007-Onderkantbouw%20af.jpg

008-Onderkantbouw%20af.jpg

009-Onderkantbouw%20af.jpg

This for now, till later!
Johanna

Thanks, it will take some time to feel better, but I still have some energy for the build and started with the tracks.
I goes slow but that isn't important.

Johanna

Back