• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya 1/35 M48A3 Patton

Yes you get to watch everyone else do theirs :laugh: :laugh:

Terry B)

5fkcpz_th.gif

Yeah, er....I've run into a snag with my airbrush.
It seems that last time I "field stripped" my airbrush for a thorough cleaning, I inadvertently tightened up the screw that secures the spring for the trigger valve causing the airflow to cut off if you pressed the trigger firmly.

This was causing the airbrush to stop spraying (making me think it was clogged up) and then suddenly spitting a blob of paint all over the place ruining my paint job. :duh

As a result I had to strip the paint off the deck and gun turret.

At least I've got it sorted out so in a few days I'll get back to it (I'm too p#$@&ed off to work on it for now. :angry:)

I'm off to have a beer.

Hi Howard

Magnificent work so far! I really like this tank.. not built one myself but it's on the "one day" list.

Black-Sheep1 wrote:
...I love this set of drill bits. I think I paid like $20.00 on eBay from Drillbit City. AWESOME!
IMG_0384.jpg

That's a real handy set of drills. I've just been on their site, and they have an overwhelming selection. What set name was this, or was it a ebay special?

Cheers

Rob

Rob -MadAsKiwi- Mooar wrote:
Hi Howard

Magnificent work so far! I really like this tank.. not built one myself but it's on the "one day" list.

Black-Sheep1 wrote:
...I love this set of drill bits. I think I paid like $20.00 on eBay from Drillbit City. AWESOME!
IMG_0384.jpg

That's a real handy set of drills. I've just been on their site, and they have an overwhelming selection. What set name was this, or was it a ebay special?

Cheers

Rob

eBay special.

Rob,

First off, do not get upset over your hand painting the lower hull. since it is cast, undulations are OK. however, pay some attention to the mold seams. Remember you need to paint the nose of the hull when you join the top and bottom.

Drill Bit City has been discussed before here and I placed two orders. Speaking to the owners (who also have a yahoo store), they are willing to provide special orders. Mine were sub miniature drill bits shipped in a 50 pack.

Also, Harbor Freight in the US sells a 20 piece micro carbide drill bit grab bag for only $5.49USD (click on image to visit the site):

As a grab bag, one does not know what sizes one gets. At one time they also had a 50 piece grab bag delivered in a cardboard box (the reason I special ordered 50 piece drill bit storage boxes from Drillbit City). This set included routers as well as drill bits. The price was $19.99USD.

Regards,

Well I've been is a strange mood lately. Didn't really feel motivated to continue this build but I decided to give it a go this weekend.
Of course when I was most in the mood today, I was interrupted by a fire tonight in the house behind my building. Strange feeling seeing that fireball.

Anyways, here's what I've done so far:

painted the main gun cover
mounted the spot light
mounted towing cables
painted glass on small turret
installed hinges to rear doors to engine
primed and painted tracks
installed wheels

IMG_0439Custom.jpg

IMG_0442Custom.jpg

IMG_0444Custom.jpg

IMG_0440Custom.jpg

IMG_0445Custom.jpg

IMG_0446Custom.jpg

IMG_0448Custom.jpg

IMG_0449Custom.jpg

IMG_0450Custom.jpg

IMG_0451Custom.jpg

IMG_0452Custom.jpg

IMG_0456Custom.jpg

IMG_0488Custom.jpg

IMG_0487Custom.jpg

Yawn....
I know, boring. But some day....

OK, that's it for me.
I still have to paint the driving lights and install the tracks and then add the hull to the top chassis and decal and so one.
Not sure when or even if I'll ever do it. But if I do I'll let you know.

BLACK SHEEP

YOU can't quit Now !! You're right in th Home Stretch ! It's lookin' Great ! All that work you did Massaging out th Kinks .... Only to Add it to th Pile ? :eek:hmy:

No Way Soldier ! Give it a Whirl ! It's all down Hill & this is when th Fun Begins !! You get to Sling some Red Clay on that Puppy !! Weather th Trax. It's all a whole lot easier than You think !!

ERIK

WHAT!!!Boring you must be kidding!! Everything looks great! Where did get or how did you make the hinge for the engine?

Terry B)

Black-Sheep1 wrote:
MrT wrote:
Where did get or how did you make the hinge for the engine?

I didn't.
They are part B18 (X2) of the kit.
I don't have the skills to scratch build anything.

Really well Duh!! I've got to pay more attention!

Terry :blush:

Re: Tamiya 1/35 M48A3 Patton TERMINATED

Since all builds (present and future) have been suspended here and are moving to another site (one I will not be moving to) I hereby TERMINATE this build.
Not that anyone cares.

Re: Tamiya 1/35 M48A3 Patton TERMINATED

BLACK SHEEP,

Aw , I care :D . Finish it at least as a Blog Build. It's your first foray into th Dark Side ! You had a good head of steam going !

ERIK

Back