• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tally Ho!

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
that's all I need to say right now,

Tally Ho

piliot.gif

I could be way off base here but I'm thinking of a wingy thingy, possibly British, possibly a Spitfire or Hurricane, possibly during the Battle of Britain. :whistle:

Atta Boy!!! You are permitted to fondle the plastic and drool over the instructions as long as you like :lol: :lol:

Tom

Kreighshoer wrote:
git'er done man!

i know it! i know it! i know what moonpup the pilot's up to! :mpup

OMG! I got Laura givin' me a Git'er Done... :drink :mpup Cultural bridges will never be the same, Larry the Cable has been exported to Europe...

Yeap that's right I finally have relieved the US Postal Service of my Wingnut Wings Sopwith Pup. Took just 3 days to ship from New Zealand to Greenwood SC but 4 days to get it out of the mailman's car! :woohoo:

Pictures later.

Did Laura actually write "Git R Done"??? What's next, cutting all the sleeves off her shirts?? :silly:

B) Ijust got one too so I will be interested to see this.....maybe I should build it's arch enemy- Albatross(got a few of those too) :evil: ?

Ian.

Kreighshoer wrote:
i did and am waiting for the woooooooooooooooooooooooooo from bob junior!

i wanted to give it a try! ;)

Forgive my faux pas Laura, I was in a little shock...

Woo Hoo! :woohoo:

pup001_20100417_1817821886.jpg

You can tell the quality before even opening the box

pup002_20100417_1344113736.jpg

Gotta love the glossy instructions. I was expecting to see more in this kit, not that I am disappointed with what I see. Each wing section is a single piece so no nasty leading edge seams. The engine is highly detailed and simple in construction. Of course I can't speak of the other kits from Wingnutwings but first glance makes me think this is a great subject stretch the scratch building and painting techniques to the limit. Not that you need to up much of the detail, it there, but we all know, there can be more.

The surface detail is crisp and clean and I can't wait to start on this. In time though.

pup003_20100417_1945423569.jpg

Now, the Murphy factor (Murphy's Law, anything that can go wrong, will). Seems the box was slightly crushed in shipment. No doubt while riding around in the back seat of the mailman's car amongst the empty McDonald's bags. The Common engine cowl is damaged, just slightly but you can see the stress points on the plastic. The kit comes with the optional Standard Motor Company cowl (they were a licensed builder for the Pup, learned this in the instructions :woohoo: ) now the question is, do I bother replacing from Wingnutwings, which I'm sure they would do, go with what I have, or use the Standard cowl.

But this will wait in the stash along with some other projects but no doubt this will be top of the list.

Brokeneagle wrote:
B) Ijust got one too so I will be interested to see this.....maybe I should build it's arch enemy- Albatross(got a few of those too) :evil: ?

Ian.

Oh I already have the one I want picked out. The D.Va. I can't wait to see what the price on the Gotha will be.

moon puppy wrote:
Kreighshoer wrote:
i did and am waiting for the woooooooooooooooooooooooooo from bob junior!

i wanted to give it a try! ;)

Forgive my faux pas Laura, I was in a little shock...

Woo Hoo! :woohoo:

Now, the Murphy factor (Murphy's Law, anything that can go wrong, will). Seems the box was slightly crushed in shipment. No doubt while riding around in the back seat of the mailman's car amongst the empty McDonald's bags. The Common engine cowl is damaged, just slightly but you can see the stress points on the plastic. The kit comes with the optional Standard Motor Company cowl (they were a licensed builder for the Pup, learned this in the instructions :woohoo: ) now the question is, do I bother replacing from Wingnutwings, which I'm sure they would do, go with what I have, or use the Standard cowl.

But this will wait in the stash along with some other projects but no doubt this will be top of the list.

You could build with what you have, crumple the le a bit more and say it did a nose stand, got a new prop and is ready for a test flight.
James

Back