• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

'Taking Chances'

tiking

I decided to have another go at a winter scene. The scene is based on a real scenario but different truck. The icicles were made by holding clear spruces over a candle, and slowly pulling the two halves away from each other. The frost was made using Green Stuff Frost solution. Two methods you can use;

1. The cheapest, which is to mix salt in warm water with a drop or two of detergent; and pour it into a spray bottle and spray it on. It takes about 10-20 minutes to crystallize.

2. you can buy frost solution by Green Stuff. The icicles were made by holding clear spruce over a candle and pulling slowly until you achieve the desired length. Then it is just a matter of cutting the ends to the desire lengths.The snow was made by my usual standards as before, on the other DHL truck scene I did many months before.

------------------------------

I wonder how long it took you to get used to the differences from New York! I'll probably have the same experiences when I retire to Poland.

Back