• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

T-64BV Vostok Battalion.

Havent accomplished a hole lot lately.

DSC05252.JPG

DSC05251.JPG

James

All those beer caps sitting there I guess not! :drunk

You've accomplish more than I have buddy. :good:

Very nice work James .. :popcorn .. this is going to be outstanding in the field :good: ..... Keep up the great work .... (y)

Thanks guys. Beer caps are from my son in law. He had a huge collection from all over. My collection was running out. Just don't drink very much any more.
James

How do you like the Ammo paint James? Thinking about getting some for my 64

Looking good (y)

Okay the good and the bad. The first set I bought was very problematic. Only one of the colours worked for me and the rest were garbage. My last T-64 was garbage after the fiasco. But I really like the shades. Customer service sucked. I decided to try again and the second set I got was the newer stuff that has a ball bearing in it to help agitate the paint as you shake it up. Now I have only used the light green so far, but it sprays on way better than the first batch.
So what I like: The shade of paint, the very easy coverage it gives, ease of clean up.
I used Vallejo Russian Green Primer as a base.
Hope this does not scare you off.
I have most of the sets by the way. Also here is what I have used Ammo of Mig on.

DSC04391.JPG

DSC04566.JPG

And the St. Chamond, but I didnt take a pic Unfortunately I put it aside until I was ready to do the funky cam ind it got broken.
I guess I would have to say over all I like them.
James

Okay pulled this out again today. Got about an hour is which was nice. Almost all of the ERA blocks are mounted. Just the them and the side skirt ERA to install and finish painting the turret. Then finish decals and a bit of weathering. See if I can finish by this weekend.

DSC05327.JPG

DSC05328.JPG

DSC05329.JPG

DSC05330.JPG

James

Thanks guys. I was able to get some more done tonight. Now its just decals, detail painting, and a bit of weathering. The build is basically done.

DSC05331.JPG

DSC05332.JPG

DSC05333.JPG

DSC05334.JPG

DSC05335.JPG

James

The mean 'n lean looking fighting machine,I can dig it,James! (y) :notworthy

There is something about modern Russian armor, don't ya think?

Gr,Ron.

That rocks man!! What a sweet model of a real mean looking beast! I got to pick me up a couple of these in 1/72 scale..... and soon.

Thanks guys. appreciate it. I'm glad this is coming to an end. All decals on, detail work started. Hope to give a dullcoat this afternoon and then some lite weathering and finish picking out details through rest of week. Then I can finally finish a kit. The taxi sign is .5mm plastic sheet cut to size and decals installed. I think I'll do a Rebel BM-21 next from one of the other Spetnaz groups assisting the rebels.

DSC05336.JPG

DSC05337.JPG

DSC05338.JPG

DSC05339.JPG

James

Looking very good, friend. Looks like it's all ready for a review drive-past.

Ian.

Back