• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

sWS halftrack Revell/Italeri kit

I managed to glue the cabin together and also painted it in dark yellow :coolio

P1110071.JPG

P1110074.JPG

P1110075.JPG

P1110077.JPG

The back wall need a little more work, i masked off the wall and did some brushpainting here :sick:

P1110078.JPG

Taken with flash, not so good but atleast you see the driver B)

P1110080.JPG

//Mats

Thanks for the support :)

Decided to try some heavy chipping "Mr T style" :D
I used vallejo Iraqui sand as base for the chipping and then instead of nato black i used XF84 dark metal.
First time i try this technique and it was pretty easy and the result look convincing :unsure:

P1110084.JPG

Gonna go over with some more weathering to make it a little more subtle.

P1110086.JPG

P1110089.JPG

Sorry for the dark pics, i will try to take better pics tomorrow in daylight (if it's not rainting...)

//Mats

Since it is going to have a flak 36/37 hanging after it, i have been playing around with the thought of putting this on the back, where the 3,7 was supposed to be.....

P1070594.JPG

not historical correct maybe but it would look cool i think :)

//Mats

The chipping looks pretty good. Don't forget to add a little rust to some of them. Where hands and feet have been make the metal a little shinny.

B)

what colour do you use for that? have some red brown variants i might try, especially on the bigger shipping on the fenders.

Here is some more pics, and not so dark :coolio

Continued with the shipping, done all the Iraqui sand on the cabin, will do the dark metal tomorrow.

P1110091.JPG

P1110096.JPG

P1110097.JPG

P1110099.JPG

And here with the telegerät 40 :D

P1110107.JPG

The telegerät is a nice kit and the fit is superb, some misstakes with the numbers in the instruction but no big problems, interesting to see how it turns out with paint on it :hmmm
still some work left on it though.

P1110105.JPG

P1110104.JPG

//Mats

what colour do you use for that? have some red brown variants i might try, especially on the bigger shipping on the fenders.

A thin oil solution of raw umber. That way you can streak it a little.

Thanks James and MP :)
working on the PE parts now for the telegerät, not so many parts but small!
Then later today i hope to start painting it.
//Mats

Telegerät assembled and painted in Dark yellow, weathering and decals left to do, and some brackets on the back of the sWS to hold it in place, not sure yet how i will do that.

P1110115.JPG

P1110116.JPG

P1110117.JPG

P1110118.JPG

Here you see some of the small pe parts, some kind of sight :bang head

P1110120.JPG

And i made a mold for the ammo boxes, just need some resin now to try and cast one :hmmm

P1110119.JPG

Hope to get some more done tomorrow :Hiay
//Mats

Back