• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Swordsman Shelf of Doom Restarting My old Builds

Swordsman

This is what's up so far ... My shelf isn't big enough for all of them ...I'll get these out of the way then add more ...

he443174.JPG

:woohoo: I'll put this Here ... Ya'll can Move it if there is a more appropriate place ... I added a self to the Bunker today ... I have three kits there that have been started on another forum .... and that Forum went away ... So I'm left with these builds and many more ... so Much I don't know where to start ...

Anyway I was looking for some ignition wires for Christine ... I had some in a kit I started back ... :hmmm ... when I 1st opened Greenville Hobby Depot ... June 31 2009 ...

h52c34fa.jpg

hdc9e57b.jpg

We hired a Rubber tired trolley for Rally Around Greenville ... The main trolley stop was at My Bosses Business ... "East Texas Railroad Collectible's & Toys"

h7432e4f.jpg

We had a Vendor day where they could set up tables and sell their merchandise ...

ha340c09.jpg

hc29676b.jpg

We also offered Motor car rides ....

Also this will give Ya'll some info on my Background ... I modeled all my life until I Got married - Divorced - Married -Divorced - Married - 19 years Now - Till death do us part ... :woohoo:

So I was hired by Steven to run His Railroad Museum & Model shop ... Plus I was to list 30 items a week on eBay ... this was hard to do because I'd end up at the last minute after Nine ... Dark outside.

The Old Katy Depot (Still Standing) had some creaky noises after dark Built 1880 ... plenty old to have Ghosts ... I used to see shadows moving up by the ticket window ... I blew it off as sleep deprivation.

Anyway My Boss was only selling Model Trains & Children's toys where the money was, then He got into Lionel trains that we had built a fairly large multi-level train layout in the Museum area ... So soon after that His purchases and my pay got mixed up .... Soon He owed everyone ... So the bottom fell out of everything and He closed the business. Well He owed Me about $4,000 ... Which I figured I would never see, So I made a deal to stay at the Depot for $200.00 a month rent + fix up the place ... the rest is History except I also started Modeling again ... :good:

Tom Daniel's 1:24 Revell/Monogram Pie Wagon

Ok I'll start with this one ... Due to circumstances out of my control this one was on the shelf ...
Here's What We're Shooting for ... :frantic

h8bafeea.jpg

I had added the wires to the engine ... I mean a flat head with out wires ... Come on !!!

hd06dfff.jpg

When I pulled the motor out I was missing all but two wires on the motor found 4 in the box ... Looks like I'll have to order some more ... :good:

h81e2204.jpg

And My wood bottom ... Tube acrylic oils ...

hbc35351.jpg

h7c84157.jpg

h6fa66bb.jpg

My screw - Ups ...

he17877e.jpg

h4752a2b.jpg

Parts cleaned ... Ready to start again ....

Sorry for the quality of these Pictures ... They Been Up loaded to POB & downloaded to My Computer ...

The Next ones will be ...

Lindberg ... 1963 Mustange II

1:542 scale CV-60 Modern Saratoga - Backdated to Vietnam Cruse 1965

Ed's favorite 1/48 scale Monogram Mig-killer ... with Legends Pit & Re-scribbled

There lots more ... let's see started a Pogo & a flying wing Vac-U Formed

All that armor stuff ... That Has been started ... :soldier

Neat, I remember that pie wagon when I was in the monogram model of the month club way back when.

:popcorn

It's a kewl kit ... I just have been having trouble with Humidity ... Normally dry this time of Year ... But outside it's just dripping I sprayed Christine's Frame ... Might take 3 days until paint is dry ... the seat And floor fiasco was enamel paint I should have stayed with the acrylic's ... :good:

Swordsman Shelf Of Shame Revisted (new/old Builds)

Thanks Jeff ... I found some distributors in the Model Car garage web-site ... I'll try to get them on order ... The pie Wagons body is all taped and ready to spray the Magenta/Hot Pink paint ...

when I was on the other web-sight I contacted Tom Daniel's and He liked what I had done so far ... But I've learned so much more from you folks since I started with the forums ... :good:

Ok guys & gals, thanks I need to update this thread. I'm still waiting on my big check, as the Oct check came and went without my being able to complete my hobby supply order. So I checked my basket and the distibuter is still coming, there are other things I can do, so if it's not too humid here I'll see about getting the new paint booth setup.

Ok guys & gals, thanks I need to update this thread. I'm still waiting on my big check, as the Oct check came and went without my being able to complete my hobby supply order. So I checked my basket and the distibuter is still coming, there are other things I can do, so if it's not too humid here I'll see about getting the new paint booth setup.

(y) might as well add the Ork Bomber to this thread... :hmmm that's an interesting build :drinks

Ok Mark, I'm working on them, I'll be ordering the wires and things I need today, I get my SS check tomorrow. I owe money to people and the hobby business suffers during the summer, so all my retirement checks go to other people, one day I'll be in the black & can afford my dreams.

Back