• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Swords KI-84

This last one looks like the ticket, guess you have that down pat now! :drinks

Thanks Mike. Not sure about down pat but I have a better understanding of a way to get there .

Cheers, Christian B)

More eye candy for me! :cheer: Beautiful build Chris! :dude To begin with, IMO the Hayate is a great subject to begin with, which obviously isn't enough for it to end up as an outstanding model, as your's has: you've done a splendid job of putting it together, painting and weathering it - ya gotta luv' da chippin'... looks so real! (y)

I'm having a whole lotta fun coming back to MA: all you guys are fantastic modelers! :coolio

Cheers! :)
Fernao

Thanks Fernao and Dave.

I really like the Sword aircraft so far. The only shortcomings I would mention is the lack of seat belts and the gun barrels are not necessarily correct. Small points though.

Cheers, Christian B)

Hello all . This one is finished too. Just one picture to keep you tonight.

It's late but pix are ready to be postaed.

KI-84_done_008a.jpg

Cheers, Christian B)

As part of the finishing touches, I manufactured the retract mechanism for the inboard gear doors : :S

KI-84_done_012a.jpg

Installed the canopy and last but not least I installed the antenna wires ( twice ). The invisible thread being too stiff for multiple pieces.

KI-84_done_004a.jpg

I finally had to go back to stretched sprue before it all behaved. :fencing

KI-84_done_006a.jpg

So, a few glamor shots :soldier

KI-84_done_009a.jpg

KI-84_done_013a.jpg

KI-84_done_011a.jpg

KI-84_done_003a.jpg

KI-84_done_001a.jpg

KI-84_done_007a.jpg

Another well used fighter comes to rest. I'm outa here :pilot

Comments are always welcomed .

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks to Mike, MP , Phil and Bob for the encouraging words :) and for taking the time to look in.

Guess I need to get the IL-2 off the shelf and finish it now :drinks

Cheers, Christian B)

What's left to say, Chris? :idonno Such detailed work in such a small scale, with an amazing paint job and weathering that makes it so life like... guess the word I'm looking for here is outstanding! (y) Really liked this build of your's, mate! :coolio Whatever comes next, I'm sure it will be great: congrats! :notworthy

Cheers! B)
Fernao

Hmmm ? It fits on the self ? :laugh: Thanks Fernao .

Looks like the next one will be an ugly Ducking . Could use more references though .

Cheers Christian B)

Back