• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Super Turkey to the rescue

Paulw

I have been starting quite a few ki9ts lately only to go so far and stuff them away. Nothing seemed to get me in the right frame of mind tp keep going on. The Hurricane was a dismal failure when I got to the ip and all the recesses were hosed and so I tried some things only to make matters worse. Ill order the pe set next payday to eliminate that problem.

I guess every body has been in this situation where nothing seems to be going right and you have plenty in the stash to do but no shiny apples to bite on.
Well I made a trade some time back and got the AM TBF/M and well I sorta decided to at least start it.

first I did this...

I sprayed a little interior green and added some brown and black pastel chalk to the formers.
I liked the result so I went to the other side

All the time thinking I would box up the rest and start on an F-86 I have. That didnt work because after about four hours and a bunch of taco bell I wound up with this...

Any way I guess Ill have to finish this up so I can get back to my manic state of mind. I think Ill go with an Atlantic scheme wi9th this one. :hmmm

Hey, could be worse :gogo , well at least that's what they keep tellin me :hmmm ......if all else fails do like I do and go save yourself a bunch of money on Ebay :zen You may end up broke but hey... at least you'll have fun getting there
palm.gif

Looks good so far :popcorn

Tornadic activity in the area all day today so it was a good time to continue on with the turkey and here is how far I got.

I expect the other two I have in the stash will be just as good an assembly if not better. I will know what to look for the next two times.
The scheme is still up in the air but I have plenty of ordnance and even a radar dome for the wing so it may be something I haven't done before.

Here is the Turkey wit some splotches of paint on it. I think the weathering will do it good.

It going along ok except for a few foibles.

Looks beautiful so far Paul!

Love the Atlantic scheme. I have a dauntless I'm going to do in an Atlantic scheme someday!

:drinks

Well its getting close to the finish line. A little more touch up and no more experimenting with such a dark color of pastels. After I got most of the kit assembled I figured out the proper way to assemble this bird; dont follow the instructions, put the ball turret in first then the rest of the canopy and make sure the pins on the engine and the front case line up. Other than that I find it to be a nice kit and I am glad I have one more so I'll know what to expect.

Not my best but it is a step in the right direction.

Back