• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sukhoi T-50

ErnieS

Finally, with fall here I have a bit more time to devote to building models (y) So first up is the Resin Magazin Sukhoi T-50 PAK FA. This is a pretty decent kit, better than Zevezda, anyway. Unfortunately the kit is no longer in production, and the only way to get one is to find someone who has them in stock.

The airframe parts have decent panel detail and are well cast.

The kit features full depeth intakes, with the sides of the intake trunks forming the wall of the main gear wells. I figured I would start with these, to get the fit prefected now so as not to run into any prolems laterwhen it comes time to fit the fuselage sections together. It took a little sanding to get the trunks to fit and not create a step between the front and rear fuselage sections. Not bad, just sand a bit, test fit, sand repeat.

The intake trunks are a nice fit though, they can just be pushed into place they fit so well.

The trunks in place and the fuselage sections clamped together to maintain the fit. The turnks were then tacked into place with superglue and then when set everything was unclamped and a bead of superglue applied all around the trunks to secure them in place.

Not at all uncommon with resin kits are airbubbles, and this kit was no exception, the only one I found on the fuselage was at the end of the fuselage. This can easily be fixed, so not too worried about it.
Ernie

(y) I have not had the ambition to build an all resin kit yet . :popcorn

Will be watching with interest .

Cheers, Christian B)

That looks cool. I know Maus will get a kick out of it. Cant wait to see it go together.
James

Back