• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

StuG IV Late, Better Late Than Never!

After a very long couple weeks of work, I have finally made it back to the bench. :yipee

Several months ago, I purchased the AK Interactive AK 002 German Dunkelgelb Special Modulation Set and haven't had the occasion to use it, so I thought this might be a good test bed for it. I did not go all the way with the colors, just used AK-008 High Light and AK-009 Shine to add some interest to the Dark Yellow Primer.

IMG_4638.JPG

I did add a little distilled water to the paint to thin it some, probably wouldn't have if this was 1/35 scale.

IMG_4637.JPG

The colors always look so stark and funny at this point!

IMG_4639.JPG

I'll let this cure a bit this morning, while I work on some other stuff, then I'll start adding the green and brown. This learning new stuff always seems scary to start, guess we'll see how it turns out. :pinch:

I keep on forgetting that this is 1/72 scale!!! :woohoo:

Looks VERY good in my opinion,Mike! (y)

Greetings,Ron.

Thank you, Ron, James, Terry and Bob! I know a lot of folks don't go in for the premixed stuff like filters and such, but these colors really work for what I'm doing here. Given the amounts of the paints used, I'll have enough to build a division!
I made a little more progress, got the road wheels and tracks on so I can proceed with the green an brown!

IMG_4640.JPG

IMG_4641.JPG

I think I over did the highlights on the sides, they should have stayed the darker color, but I can fix that.

IMG_4643.JPG

IMG_4642.JPG

Funny how the flaws jump out on the big screen!! :laugh:

Going to let this sit a bit for the tracks to get good and solid before I mask them. Comments always welcome!

I added a coat of Future, so I can mask the hard edge with Blue Tack. Planning a 3 color scheme, ought to prove interesting! :yipee

I think the Elephant face would make for a very unique vehicle Mike. Coming along beautifuly btw.
James

Well, beautiful is not a word I'd use to describe this beast. I started to mask the camo with Blue Tack and gave that up in favor of some random soft edge lines and spots.

IMG_4649.JPG

IMG_4650.JPG

IMG_4651.JPG

Filters and drybrush next, should blend and tone things down.

A face only a mother could love...

IMG_4653.JPG

IMG_4654.JPG

Chuk's job is safe, artist I'm NOT! :yipee

Looks pretty damn good to me (y) (y) (y)
Bit of weathering and it will all meld in beautifully. Nice work Mike.
James

Thank you, James! My wife says the ears look more like a dog's, but what the hey?

Couple more shots with the gun in place, off to the Future!

IMG_4656.JPG

IMG_4657.JPG

IMG_4658.JPG

Lots of little bits and pieces to be added and then dirty it up some. :drinks

Yeah...lets dirty up the elephant,Mike! :)

On that scale 1/72, it's kinda hard to do such face,don't think I could have done better.

:drinks

Greetings,Ron.

Thank you, James! My wife says the ears look more like a dog's, but what the hey?

Couple more shots with the gun in place, off to the Future!

IMG_4656.JPG

IMG_4657.JPG

IMG_4658.JPG

What's not to like? Gun has a big smile on it! Go ahead and get it dirtied up. :dance

Back