• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Stug III ausf G Late

Great to see you didn't let him beat you!
Now you can get on with the fun part :)
(y) (y)
//Mats

Is that the same primer i've heard that needs a long time to cure out before you apply the top coats?

Tony lee

Gap gone :yipee
I dont know if it needs to cure a long time. It was dry to the touch by the time I got upstairs and took pics though. Of course I dont have any paint for it anyways :pinch: so it will have lots of time as I wait for the stuff I just ordered.
I used some Vallejo thinner in mine. I've sprayed it with and without. I seem to get a buildup on the nozzle if I dont thin it. Could just be me. This time I did it high pressure and thin and it went on very well and my nozzle didnt clog up.
James

I concur with James on the thinning, it seems to spray better with a little thinner. I have not experienced any drying issues, but don't try to sand it. Works best for me as a surface primer/base coat.

Looking good, James! :soldier

Why yes :rotf :rotf

Actually I tried some Vallejo RAL 2078 German Dark Yellow Surface Primer.

Vallejo_Surface_Primer_German_Dark_Yellow_1__83856.1339118315.1280.1280.JPG

James

Our very own Willem gave me this tip:If for what reason ever you have to remove the Vallejo Surface Primer,use Nail Polish Remover without Acetone it works like a charme.

Greetings,Ron.

This one is a straight German Yellow. Was up all night and what better to do when you cant sleep??? Model.
Found my AK German Yellow modulation set. I just cant do it the way they do, but I do use some of the colours. So painted and decaled. Now some fine work and wheels to paint the rubber on and then I will wash this and start weathering it.

DSC04057.JPG

DSC04058.JPG

DSC04059.JPG

DSC04060.JPG

Comments or critiques welcome.

James

I like what you've done. Don't forget to paint down inside the barrel. :good:

Happy New Year! :drinks

Got the wash on last night and took some fotos this morning. It grew wheels :laugh:

DSC04068.JPG

DSC04067.JPG

DSC04062.JPG

More to do.
James

Back