• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Still breathing ......

paddy

Hi everyone. Been a long time since i was here but the UK lock down has got me to get my glue and paints out again. Hope you are all well and bearing up in these difficult times. I have built 3 models in 3 months and nothing prior to that for years in fact since i was last here. Cant even remember when that was but i think Moon P had just visited the UK ?
Any way this is what i have been doing, trying to get my hand in again. As this is a US site how about this for starters

49960823026_c9754bbb98_b.jpg

Italeri 750 harley

49889171723_b388395fdd_b.jpg

Hasegaws 1/48 spit with Aires Resin

50093060688_79f1cbc321_b.jpg

Hasegawa 1/48 Hurricane with lots of bits added

Looking forward to catching up :)

Here are a couple more along with the Triumph equivalent over here at the time . I cut the plastic spokes out on the trumpy as they were way to thick and put in some piano wire ones, the Harley spokes are not so bad so i left them
750 finished (6).JPG
750 finished (3).JPG
DSC_5535_zpsncekn7hs.jpg
DSC_5534_zpsi5zxnzbg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the welcome guys, i will spend an hour or so tomorrow catching up on all the builds here, what happened to Chuk ?

Thanks for the welcome guys, i will spend an hour or so tomorrow catching up on all the builds here, what happened to Chuk ?
Hey Paddy! Glad to see you back! The motorcycles are excellent! The planes look just as nice! (need more photos to ogle)

As to ChukW, he moved to the Seattle area got upset about something and went off in a huff and disappeared. Sorry to see him go. Guess he got around too much Starbucks.

i think Moon P had just visited the UK ?
Here's the photos. Sorry we couldn't hook up, I had a blast!

I have just started a hasegawa F6F-3 or 5 :) with an Aires kit.
I am revisiting some of these sets as the airies sets are still about but the kits they were intended seem to be drying up...much like the Hasegawa 1/48 F6F-5, i tracked down a -3 and as most of the difference is in the cowling which i will chop off it will be near enough.
I will start a build thread soon
Thanks for the Welcome chaps, very much appreciated :)

Good to see you back, Paddy. Nothing much has happened since you were last here. We are all wearing masks and looking like something from an old Dr. Who episode. I actually have finished 5 kits and posted pictures! I know, crazy, right? Love what you've shown us. The Harley is the bomb!

Hi Barney
The Harley is supposed to have leather panniers but i cant do leather so it has a satchel and a bed roll made of an old cloth i use to clean the car and the roll of camo netting is a netting bag onions come in over here in the super market.............but dont tell anyone :)

Back