• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Star Wars episode 7

SA Dave

Me and my son just watched it and WOW

This is what Episodes 1 to 3 were not Adventure!! Go out and let your inner geeks have fun with this one guys.

Looks like I'm going to a Friday matinee. I was planning on waiting a couple weeks for all the hype to die down when I got a message from a buddy that said he got tickets for him, his brother & me.

Let's see if I can stay awake for this one (fell asleep halfway through Ep 2 in the theatre :lol: ). Never did see Ep. 3.

Going on Friday with my 15 year old son. Advance tickets purchased.

:geek :geek :geek :geek :geek :geek :geek :geek :geek :geek

I am going to say only that this is not the last few movies(episodes 1 to 3) Just like his rebooting of Star Trek has JJ gone back to the real root of the story line and he is using special FX to enhance the story not try and make it. I can remember watching Empire strikes back as a kid and this felt exactly the same.

I think Bruce and I saw the original at the old Apollo theater back in the day, or was it Star Trek? Anway I do remember seeing the original at the theater, before all the edits and re-edits.

As much hype as there is and all, I will probably do like I always do and get the blu-ray. Just don't do the theater thing these days. Can't remember when I went last. Though I have thought about going, but meh.

I too will wait for the DVD release and them some as the new release prices are usually inflated. I always feel like I should be wearing a respirator when in a movie theater and I don't consider myself a hypochondriac. I haven't been keeping up with the buzz but I seem to recall at one time before Lucas sold to Disney that there were three follow up movies planned, is that still being considered ? Will we need to wait till after episode IX before getting another Star Trek from JJ ? I know a lot of die hard Trekkies (which I am not one of) weren't too happy with JJ's reboot of the franchise but I actually liked them better than the originals.

George originally planned to do a third trilogy, but since he is not interested at this point, he sold the franchise. This is the first of JJ's movies. I believe I also caught an interview with George Lucas where they asked him what the story was going to be and his reply was that he didn't know as they weren't using his stories.

Thank God- I love George but his dialogue was painful at times to listen to (like anytime Anakin and Padme ever talked).

Next Dec. there will be a Rogue Squadron movie...then Episode VIII the following May. After that will be an origin story anthology about Han Solo...followed by Episode IX...then another anthology yet tbd....

Thank God- I love George but his dialogue was painful at times to listen to (like anytime Anakin and Padme ever talked).

You mean like the great line, "Only a Sith deals with absolutes." :blink

But isn't that an absolute?? :smack

:rotf

Rogue squadron would be great, I read the whole series of their novels and always thought it would make a great series.

Coming from someone that went in with pretty low expectations after the last 3 (Ep 1-3)...it's definitely worth seeing. I actually rather enjoyed it and will certainly be picking up the Blu Ray when it releases down the road.

I too will wait for the DVD release and them some as the new release prices are usually inflated. I always feel like I should be wearing a respirator when in a movie theater and I don't consider myself a hypochondriac. I haven't been keeping up with the buzz but I seem to recall at one time before Lucas sold to Disney that there were three follow up movies planned, is that still being considered ? Will we need to wait till after episode IX before getting another Star Trek from JJ ? I know a lot of die hard Trekkies (which I am not one of) weren't too happy with JJ's reboot of the franchise but I actually liked them better than the originals.

Star Trek fans don't have t worry. During the previews at the movies last night, they previewed a new Star Trek movie coming out next year, directed by JJ Adams. It seems he's flexible enough to work on both.

I love this movie! It is, in my humble opinion, the best Star Wars movie ever done to date. I can't wait to get it on Blu-ray and to see the following movie!

As a bit of a star wars diehard I went and seen No 7 on the big screen with one of my boys and can say I was very impressed.
Special effects were very well done, and good to see a bit of humour by the storm troopers throw-in.
:geek :geek :geek :geek

Well, I have now seen it twice, and as much as it was a good movie as a stand alone, it was a bit disappointing as a number 7.
I am a hardcore SWs fan and have seen every opening session of every movie so I 'feel the love', but I didn't wait this long just to see a 'fan boy ' semi-reboot' of number 4 - I saw it in 78'.
After all the canning of 1-3 and the money dropped in to this production, they couldn't come up with a brand new story line? Actually I appreciate 1-3 even more now after seeing this reboot/ remix for its delivery of new story-lines and details ......
At least 1-3 told us what happened in the past with no re- hashes/mixed 'done before story lines.
The earlier movies (1-3)were meant to be different and delivered a look at the republic in its golden era, just before the fall. It was never going to be a 'space pirates and smugglers' story but it did deliver on a whole lot of questions that we had, culminating in the birth of Darth Vader.
This new one has some great moments, such as how the millennium falcon is reborn etc, however the overall plot (without giving away spoilers)just strikes me as a massive remix of elements of 4,5 & 6 plot lines with a few new hooks thrown in.
I hope the next one delivers more than Luke training another generation of Jedi..........
in the words of the Emperor 'Now pay for your lack of vision!'
:hmmm :evil: :pinch:

Ian.

We went at 10:00 am Christmas eve. Renee and I thought it was excellent. We loved the banter between the new characters, it reminded us of the original movies. Of course Ian slept through it but I caught Rommel watching a few times. :laugh:

Back