• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Staghound Mk. III - Finished!

Re: Staghound Mk. III

Thanks Bob and James.

As promised.
I glued on a couple of more bits, shot it with primer, and Tamiya acrylics.
There is some modulation (progressively lighter coats moving progressively towards the center of panels and from above, but it is subtle to the eye and invisible to the camea. Oh well... :hmmm

Thanks for checking in.

Bill

Stag_5.jpg

Stag_6.jpg

v114

Thanks Dave, and thanks Ron.

I hope you both had an enjoyable (and productive - or restful) weekend. :)

Cheers,

Bill

Decals applied. The tools, tires, and various other bits were painted with Valejo acrylics, and the whole thing was given a wash with Raw umber oils and the rectified turpinoid.
The wheels have a small retaining ring under the hub covers that will be glued on (along with the covers) after every thing is done. It is much easier to paint the wheel wells with the wheels off. The driver figure is from the Miniart set of British tank riders. The box art shows him holding a microphone, but no such piece was on the sprues. I will either make a microphone out of scrap, or give him some binoculars, or an umbrella, ... something. :laugh:

Thanks for looking,

Bill

Stag_11.jpg

Stag_10.jpg

v155

Re: Staghound Mk. III - Some progress.

Thanks Dave. Do you have ANY idea where I can get one?
This will go on the back burner (not on a stump) again, while I finish some real work and take a short vacation with the family.
Thanks again for looking.

Cheers,

Bill

Just make sure the burner is not switched on - Styrene melts dont ya know :geek

Really nice Bill. I think Master Box has a luggage set which has an umbrella. But I doubt you'd find a Canadian tanker with one. Maybe a shillelagh or walking stick.
James

This is a pretty nice set.

http://hobbystuffdepot.com/135-Bronco-AB3521-Civilian-Suitcase-with-Umbrella-Set-P2151762.aspx

Good luck! (y)

Thanks Dave. it will only be cooking in my head. :laugh:

Thanks James. It was just a thought. Oh, ...by the way, what is a shillelagh?

Mike: Thanks for the link. Cheers.

Thanks Stu. Bam!

No updates for a while thanks for looking,

Bill :ro: :dude :Hiay :dance :coolio

Thats the one I was thinking of Mike.
Bill its a big stick. Thats the Irish word for it.
James

Almost there.
The vehicle got some dry brush with progressive;ly lighter shades of OD. Scratches and chips were added with a black brown enamel. I wanted to replicate the look of dust and light dirt in the nooks and crannies. I tried a pinwash with some buff enamel with the following results. Some mud on the wheels and fenderwells and she will be ready for the show!

Stag_13.jpg

Stag_12.jpg

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooo

The commander figure.
Ouch! I need more adult supervision.
I showed him in the previous post, so I’ll go all the way. Luckily he looks better the farther away you are! (Hence the small pictures)
All brushed with Vallejos, Futured and pin-washed with a dark brown enamel, and topped with flat-clear (dullcote).

Stag_driver_1.jpg
Stag_driver_2.jpg
Stag_driver_3.jpg
Stag_driver_5.jpg
Stag_driver_6.jpg

v232

Back