• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Special Kay "not the cereal"

Paulw

I first saw a B-26K/A-26K kit built up a few years ago, I never realized that such an aircraft existed and after some half-assed research I found out a bit more about them. There is some mods to the airframe that are noticeable right off. First the nose is re-engineered to set the eight Brownings in a more center line position then there is a mod to increase the size of the rudder along with removal of the top turret.

After the few years you guys have known me you know I am no authority on any aircraft but that I* just like what I see and the lines that are pleasing to my eye. I also have this link to a site of a re4storation of an A-26A/K in Texas that is on going. The Special Kay project has been interesting to me for the past year.
Go through the site and enjoy. https://thormeyer.net/

I have the Monogram B-26 and resin set that a good friend of mine remolded from a cutting edge resin conversion. I also have the Ozmod conversion but it is lacking in most detail. I am thinking of starting this thing in the next day or two and maybe come out with a winner.
A couple of things that will not be accurate with the conversion will be the canopy clam shell type and the ip as the K had dual controls.

Any way I hope you guys will be watching and maybe be able to add some good advice every now and then because this will be a huge undertaking fo9r me.

I have been having a bit of anxiety over this build only because of the nose section which I am no where near starting on so I just went with the pit because there wasn't much that would requite any real thought or skill on my part. The chunkiness of the co-pilots yoke is because there was a big thick wedge that was part of the molding block and at this size was extremely difficult to remove with out breaking part of it off, which I did.
The ip part was a no brainer and the seats fit well.
I also tried some oil washes for the first time and the jury is still out on how they work for me.

I am not going to go all out in the pit because you wont see much and I doubt I can really do any of that justice.

I shot matte black for the ip and the dash and then dry brushed some German gray on the reliefs. topped the throttles with some red and shot some future to allow the oil wash to flow better. This oil thing is going to require more practicing before I get it right.

\
Again I am not real concerned on how the insides look and I do have some more touching up to do there anyway.

:pilot :pilot :pilot

Back