• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Special Armour VW vignette

Ken Abrams

This is something I've been working on for a while, so to get everyone up to speed this first post might be on the big side.

uploads.jpg
uploads-0001.jpg
uploads-0003.jpg

Fast forward to some painted bits...

uploads-0006.jpg
uploads-0005.jpg
uploads-0007.jpg

Next, make the base with some construction site leftovers and some dirt.

uploads-0008.jpg

uploads-0009.jpg

uploads-0011.jpg

uploads-0012.jpg

uploads-0013.jpg

uploads-0017.jpg

uploads-0018.jpg

Seaweed balls and other natural stuff for groundworks, just layer by layer, repeate/add/fill...

uploads-0020.jpg
uploads-0021.jpg
uploads-0023.jpg
uploads-0024.jpg
uploads-0025.jpg
uploads-0026.jpg
uploads-0028.jpg
uploads-0029.jpg

Next step, bring it to life.

First, let's prime.

KIMG1937~2.JPG

Then let's bring that grass back to life.

KIMG1941~2.JPG

Now, let's get it dirty and dusty.

KIMG1942~2.JPG

A wet pallet of Vallejo acrylic earth tones and I can pick out individual stones, add washes, etc.

KIMG1943~2.JPG
KIMG1944~2.JPG

Alright, that's a lot to digest! Hopefully I'll have more on this one over the weekend. Until then, happy modeling.

Another grate subject and vignette Ken. Your SBS has given me a few ideas to try out. Also could you list out the natural materials you use for the vegetation...I just might have to take a walk through the woods.
:victory:

Thanks guys!

could you list out the natural materials you use for the vegetation...I just might have to take a walk through the woods.
:victory:

I could give you the old ArmorFarm product names but I have no idea what the actual plants are called, sorry. I just look for dead stuff in scale. 😉

Sorry it’s taken me so long to return to this, sometimes life has other plans. I have been working on this from time to time but had hit a wall waiting for some painting masks to arrive from overseas.
I’ve spent some more time on the groundwork tweaking the various shades with oils and enamels, and finished detailing the figure and got some primer on him.

KIMG2836~2.JPG
KIMG2838~2.JPG

Here’s some close ups of the details on the figure, nothing too crazy just a little something to add some life.

KIMG2868~2.JPG
KIMG2864~2.JPG

I then primed him in black and highlighted him from above using white primer, this will be helpful later when painting him.

KIMG2936~2.JPG
KIMG2937~2.JPG

I continued weathering of the bug after the stencils had arrived and I painted the bumper codes. I still have some way to go but it’s starting to come together.

KIMG2938~2.JPG
KIMG2939~2.JPG
KIMG2940~2.JPG

Lets hope it doesn’t take me this long until the next update. As always, comments, questions and critiques welcome.

Back