• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Son of Sharkmouth's Delta Dart

Sharkmouth's CTA2 Double Delta Darts

Other than ill fitting pieces, nothing to report...

CTA2012.JPG

CTA2013.JPG

Regards,

These are some good pics too. I'm sure getting flashbacks from the one I built. Looking good Saul, keep them coming!

Easy fix...

They are if I remembered to keep my notes!

After gluing them in with Tenax 7 (yes, because of the debate), I had that feeling...

h7261730.jpg

A 0.010 inch styrene sheet spacer was needed under the refueling receptacle to lift the part to the same height as the spine. Then, it was only a matter of squeezing the sides in to match the angles of the fuselage sides and no putty work.

For the vertical tail, 0.010 inch sheet styrene was again used to increase the thickness of the vertical tail section which inserts to the large one and it eliminated the step. What can I say, I forgot and it is now welded together.

Regards,

You really do have it bad don't you Saul...:zen

flow some Tenax back in there and lift it out, might be too late if it's cured over night. take a JLC saw and cut it out and fill it back in. Me, I'd just sand the crap out of it..:mpup

Might I suggest selective memory loss about the little oversight Saul Looks good on the pictures. :D

It will be Gray or SEA cammo? :popcorn :popcorn :popcorn

Other than Air Superiority Gray, I don't know of any other schemes.

This one is for Saul (my boy):
437-2456.jpg

With the commander's stripes (decals from SuperScale 48-202):
DarrellMartin-2003.jpg

note that the aircraft above is a museum display painted as the Commander's aircraft and I use it to illustrate the stripes.

Mine will be with a shark mouth:
48-45bk.jpg

When I am ready, I will share my update. At the moment, I need to prepare for a presentation as I am a guest speaker at a Veteran's Day event.

Regards,

That's a great Honor Saul, well done and do well. :salute

Hope you're going to share a video of that please.

:popcorn

Interesting build Saul, i must say it appears that Trumpy kits are a bit wayward in detail and accuracy. I was thinking of getting a couple of their Mig kits - think i'll hold off for now.

Here you go Saul. F-102s in SEA camo. I thought I had seen 106s but I guess not.

F-102As_509FIS_over_Vietnam_Nov1966.jpg

I didn't post these before since I didn't place the parts on a nice background:

CTA2015.JPG

CTA2016.JPG

Regards,

We suppose to use a nice background? And I've been doing it wrong all these years.

Did you sand that with a toothbrush Saul?

Saul, what did you use the toothbrush for? Inquiring minds, and Pup, want to know.

Back