• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Somewhere on the Russian Steppe

Thank you so much.

Apologies I cannot churn the models out quicker. It's getting like the Famo and trailer. A war and Peace trilogy.:bigrin:

Have gone back to the figures again. Working with the AK 3rd Gen acrylics. It's the first time using these paints and for the results it's getting seem to make the figure stand out. The 3rd gen paints are ideal for figure painting. :good:

Michael

Hello Again and Happy New Year to all.

Starting 2022 with a progress update on the Tamiya and Hobbyboss 38T's which are awaiting the tow cables and then placed aside ready for the diorama base.
The tanks have a combination of Mig's weathering pigments for the lower hull and pastels for the upper Hull.
The figures are a combination of Tamiya, Alpine and Tank crew figures. Painted in acrylics with oils for the faces and hands.
Tamiya and hobbyboss 38t.jpg

Hobbyboss 38t.jpg
Panzer 38t front.jpg

Hobbyboss and Tamiya 38t.jpg
Alpine german tanker early war.jpg

Alpine german tankers early war.jpg

Last edited:
I know what you mean Mike.
Great looking vehicles and figures though, no matter how long it took. :tens:
You know I have never built a 38T. What kit would you recomend?

Last edited:
I know what you mean Mike.
Great looking vehicles and figures though, no matter how long it took. :tens:
You know I have never built a T38. What kit would you recomend?
Thanks Ian,

If you want a quick build, the Tamiya 38T will be the quickest. It will fall together in a weekend build. Don't forget to glue the hub covers on like I did. :bigrin:

If you want a detailed build the Hobbyboss 38T. Being ex TRISTAR molds they are spot on with detail. The 3 that are built in the photo all have a full engine and interior. I know you will not see the engines but they all have them. :good:

Michael

Last edited:
Thanks Guys for your words.

Bob, I am limited with starting the diorama base at the moment.
My wife is a carer for her mum and she is living with us now so the man cave I am in will be converted back to a bedroom with ensuite.

Trying to focus on building all the vehicles and figures and then build the base to see what works.

Spent the last 8 months hunting down a builder to come in and get the work under way but with supply issues and Covid it's been a challenge to get something started.

Rest assured the new modelling den will have to be bigger to accommodate this dio, a 1/35th Italerie Scnellboot, 1/32nd B17 Memphis Belle, as well as future diorama and model projects. :bigrin:

Michael

Coming together nicely Mike. Good luck with the renovations, we are having the same issues here in the Americas.
:victory:

Yes I agree Bob, it is everywhere.

If its not material supply problem its a shortage of contractors to do the work.

Then the contractors that are available are placing exorbitant prices for the work at hand. In short it's a huge rip off.

We are spending more time to hunt down a builder and then research his background before committing to a contract.
Not knowing if the contractors are going to provide the quality of workmanship in the build as it seems the standards have dropped over the years.

I just hope we find the right company at the right price that does the job the first time and we don't have them coming back to do fix up work.

Same here Michael, that's why I'm doing a lot of the work here myself and watching a lot of youtube. I had to do some flooring work when the contractor failed to show back up to finish the job he was doing. My fault for paying him before it was done. Some jobs are best left for the pros though. Good luck!

Hi Mike

Your figures and 38t's are simply amazing. I was wondering if the panzers are suppose to be from the 7th Panzer Division in Russia? I also have a Tristar and a Hobbyboss Panzer 38t's b's(same kit I know) like yours. You are giving me inspiration to get started.

Thanks Gonzo and James,
I appreciate your words.
Gonzo to answer your question about the 7th Panzer division its pretty loosely based on that idea. With the rivit counters and history buffs out there I'm not going to be too specific on units so to speak. The Panzer 38 T's had played a huge part in the early stage of the war and this diorama is to show them in support of the plethora of figures advancing into Russia.
The Hobbyboss/Tristar kit is an exellent build and a great price for the amount of detail, thats if you got the kit with the interior.:good:

Its still a work in progress and at the moment its been pushed side ways for the time being.

The last 2-3 years have seen a lot of projects started and only 1 vehicle on the bench to be finished.
IMG_20230119_164047060.jpg

During the clean up of the hobby room I had come across a large number of figures built for dioramas that never got started.
So the Russian dio and everything else was put on the back burner.

I pinned all of 250 to 300 figures to be ready for painting and placed back on the foam core to be used in the future. That was the plan.

As you can see all the grey figures are at the front in various stages of completion and will be painted at varous stages .
IMG_20230119_163803569_HDR.jpg

And then loose interest to work on another Russian snow diorama idea. Another 50 or so German snow figures have taken my fancy and are being worked on now.

IMG_20230119_163933057_HDR.jpg

With my seond Apine figure painted in 4 years and the face to be painted and then happy days.:good:
IMG_20230114_185433688.jpg

We had the pest man come in this week to spray and I needed to get the boxes spread out for him to spray around them. Here is the collection broken down with the first pile of boxes at the front that have been started in the last 3 years and not finished:LOL:
IMG_20230119_164207927_HDR.jpg

Just for the record The 50 or so german figures in the snow are all going to be painted. Thats the goal for the first part of 2023.:hmm::needcoffee::coolio2::Drinks:🤞

Michael :D

Last edited:
Back