• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Somewhere on the Russian Steppe

mike walsh

Master at Arms
Hello,

Here is another project started early this year. Shared with the Italeri Schnellboot.

The concept is the Invasion of Russia with the reliance of Horse drawn infantry and Anti Aircraft.
The kits have been more or less built out of the box with as little detailing as possible with a desire to use horses throughout the dio.

Currently working on the Hobbyboss (Ex Tristar) Panzer 38T . To my surprise there was way more work in this little tank than what I bargained for.
It was priced on par with the latest Tamiya 38T and the Tamiya kit pretty much fell together although with the substantial amount of interior detail in the Hobbyboss kit it has bogged me down. The worst part is I have 2 Hobbyboss 38T's to go on the dio.😣

axis troops and car for dio1.jpg
dio figures and accesories1.jpg
dio figures work in progress1.jpg
german tank crew for dio1.jpg
hobbyboss panzer 38t for dio1.jpg
Panzer 38T SUB1.jpg
Panzer 38T sub2.jpg
Panzer 38T SUB3.jpg
Riich mobile aa for dio1.jpg
t34 for dio april 20.jpg
tamiya 38t for dio.jpg
v170 build progress.jpg

Michael

Last edited:
Great Project Mike!! I'll be riding along with the troop as you build this up.
:popcorn

Thanks guys .

Yes, watching Bob's work on his logistics dio is fantastic motivation to start building.
The dio base is not going to be too elaborate with buildings more so to have the terrain work in with the vehicles and figures. Only have the second Hobbyboss 38T to finish and then it's on to the dio base and ground work. I've got to have something completed by the end of the year.

Michael

This looks like it is going to be a very nice diorama. I think the horse-drawn antiaircraft piece is an interesting touch.
Cheers,
James

Thanks again for your words,

Lol , thanks Barney, I may have to space the infantry further away from the horses.:poop:

Michael 🍻

Thanks Guys,

Here are the kits back in the box ready for paint.

A clear indication of how much detail in the Hobbyboss kit compared to the Tamiya kit.
As for quality between the 2 Hobbyboss(Tristar)wins hands down.
Ease of build , Tamiya is out front , close inspection between the 2 has made me lean more towards the Hobbyboss Kit.
At the time of purchase the price of the Hobbyboss kit with interior was at the same price of the Tamiya kit.
Hobbyboss 38t sub sections before paint.jpg

Tamiya 38T sub sections before paint.jpg

2 down 1 to go
Panzer 38Ts.jpg

Michael

Back