• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Something BIG this way comes.

Heavens Eagle

I just got an e-mail message that a long overdue kit is finally in the shipping process to my door.

And, no I am not posting any hints nor pre-pics at this time. I can say I have been waiting on this kit for a very long time ever since I first heard it was in development.

Of course Chris, that is how you build the suspense...
How about this pic.
3D-Smile rocking.gif

Wife moved it Med.jpg

And I don't lose stuff.

Last edited:
$900.00 1/32 Lancaster?
hehehe
Believe it or not, with all the Eduard PE and resin, I have close to $800 in the old HK B-17G. Bad thing about that is that I don't really like the G version with the Cheyenne tail turret. It was so late in the war that there were not all that many interesting aircraft and markings. They should have done the G model with the earlier tail or at least given and option to add an earlier tail. At this point I would like to sell my HK B-17G kit and get the F model to build either the Memphis Belle or another variant with markings. Most of the G version photo etch and I think all of the resin will switch over to the F model kit.

And, no the Lancaster doesn't go for that much, or at least not here in the States.

1/200 Yamato ?
You know Tony, I thought about that kit. I have the 1/200 Arizona (which is horribly inaccurate) and the 1/200 Titanic kits. Have been pondering jumping aback to the Arizona build, but really need to finish some of the other delayed starts before doing so. Right now I seem to be in the middle of summer chores with a 1/1 scale repair staring me in the face. Waiting on a set of instructions on that build before ordering replacement/rebuild parts. Stupid Missouri deer can do that for you.

Have several of those kits as well, including the 1/32 PBY5A and the 1/48th B-36. The B-36 is the largest model in my stash unless you include the DeAgostini Millenium Falcon which is 32 inches long, or the 1/2 scale R2D2, or the 1/8th scale Mercedes and Rolls Royce Pocher kits.

Then there is this project that got foisted on me about 4 weeks ago on the way to Bob Letterman's funeral.

04.jpg

01.jpg

02.jpg

05.jpg

03.jpg

I have since loosened and pulled the fender straighter so the drivers door can be opened properly without further damage. As can be seen the AC condenser was holed so no AC till it is fixed. The radiator has 2 plastic pins in the top that sheared off. No coolant leaks but I used some zip cable ties to support the top and keep it in place for the remainder of the trip. No frame damage to speak of, just a lot of broken plastic. I have already straightened 90% of the damaged sheet metal in front of the radiator. Going to be a bit of a problem to get a bumper cover as the OEM ones are no longer available. Aftermarket shit doesn't ever fit right. Also want to upgrade it to have the tow package radiator.

And, this isn't the big item, it will be showing up tomorrow (I hope and according to UPS)

I wish someone hadn't mentioned a 1/200 ship..............never built a ship and a bit of a sucker for something different. maybe 1/350 though is more realistic :)
I just looked at Trumpeters HMS Hood and it says

Manufacturer recommended age‎14 months - 8 years

so maybe i am a little old :)

That's another one that is due out. . . sometime. . Terry. It will be coming my way once it is available.

My new item should be in today as I got a "out for delivery" notice this morning.

Back