• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Show us your modelling caves, workshops etc etc

shawngehling wrote:
Window,
I bet you know where everything is too, huh?
It doesn't look like those cans on the floor are paint cans though? :hmmm
Enjoy building.
Shawn

Yes, the white label cans are for when i need a break. or waiting for glue to set, and paint to dry. I have a fridge there too, and that has a few "amber ales" in it too!

I have a 4 drawer set of drawers right behind me, and 2x 4 drawers, and i still need room! I'm going through all my mags on the bookshelves, and throwing out what i don't need, and putting more modelling stuff up there. This is all in a 2 car garage, which we are getting an extra bay put on so i can put my old holden in to restore that. (If i ever get time!)

Here's some of the space I claim

Tim

workroom_1_20100903_1924123587.jpg

Well, I use the kitchentable as my work bench....for now!

I need to set up my own corner, but for now it works!

So I don't really have a working cave, but do have a reference cave! :evil:
Check the pictures!

My tools and stash first

Oke....now......a part of my reference books, info and other goodies!!! :laugh:

So.... any questions.....just ask!
;)

Ohhh....that....well.....yes!
Did not trust the colours in the books and thought I would gather the real thing!!!!

Henri wrote:
Did not trust the colours in the books and thought I would gather the real thing!!!!

You know if you took pics of each uniform and posted in your gallery, you'd probably have a bunch of envious loyal followers. That is quite an exciting collection.
James

jknaus wrote:
You know if you took pics of each uniform and posted in your gallery, you'd probably have a bunch of envious loyal followers. That is quite an exciting collection.

I would be one of them!

Regards,

Well, if it helps......I have my own website about my collection!

If it is OK with the moderators.... www.ww2collector.nl
Here you can see every mannequin individual with a bit of discription and how I started the collection.

It is to much to describe hear!

Enjoy!

Henri

Henri wrote:
Well, if it helps......I have my own website about my collection!

If it is OK with the moderators.... www.ww2collector.nl
Here you can see every mannequin individual with a bit of discription and how I started the collection.

It is to much to describe hear!

Enjoy!

Henri

Fantastic. I'll spend a bit of time there exploring. Wish I could buy some of your for sale stuff. I think you have an excellent museum. Maybe the second floor will get filled with dioramas :laugh:
James

Well James, that is an idea!!!! :woohoo:
Now my modelling stash is there and there will be more moddels in a short time.

This evening I ordered about 12 vehicles and 16 figure sets.
So it will be time I start building! :lol:

Now the second floor is still filled with crab from my mariage that ended 3 years ago.
Hell, all stuff from my ex I am now selling!
Now she brings in a bit of money and space for the moddeling!!! :evil:

WOW Henri,

That is some cave!

Yep I'm one here!

Thanks for posting!

Oh Boy ! Henri , your museum is sooo like my dreams it is not funny . For me I have a basic collection of Dragon 1/6 action figures (soldat) and my models :D

Jenny :kiss:

jenny croft wrote:
Oh Boy ! Henri , your museum is sooo like my dreams it is not funny . For me I have a basic collection of Dragon 1/6 action figures (soldat) and my models :D

Jenny :kiss:

Hey JENNY , When are you gonna show Us your Modeling Workshop ?? I've got some Pix of mine coming. I just need to straighten up a bit ! :lol:

ERIK

Well-- being a WWII naval aviation fiend-- I did my shop up in a tricolor scheme...these pics were taken after I painted the room...it is much more lived in now!

This is the bench/ spray booth area--
100_3998.jpg

This cabinet was free-- the bottom is for storage and the top side is filled with the armor I have built...
100_4000.jpg

This was a father's day gift from my wife a few years back-- a custom built display case...
100_3997.jpg

And the other end of the bench- with another free storage cabinet for the stash...
100_3999.jpg

Guess that is it-- my 5 year old has called it the "man room" and tried to limit my wife and daughter's presence...but to no avail ;)

Wow, scrolled down this thread and saw the expected stashes and benches and such and then bam... a full on 1:1 reference collection. Great stuff! As for the reasoning -how can you argue that. You can't go wrong with matching colors from an original.
Thanks for sharing.

Henri, that isnt a model cave its a catacomb !!!! :)

Also can we have some close up Pictures of that Tan and water Luftwaffe smock please :)

I like the paint scheme on yours, Jeeves

jknaus wrote:
Henri wrote:

James

Henri,
You can count me in too...
I guess I should get my son to take photos of his re-enacting
German stuff too... And post it.
Thanks
Shawn

@ sherman,
I think it is a very good idea and tried to start a gallery.
Only thing....it seems that I can't upload directly from my computer!

can some one tell me if this is correct or that I am doing something wrong.....like usual! :blink

@Jenny,
To be honest....I am a bit old fashion and did not expect that there were also females that liked military modeling!
May be a comfort....I can tell that I like to dress up my dolls!!! :laugh:

@Jeeves,
As soon as I figure out how to create the galleries I am more then happy to add request of details!
I now have 16 full dressed mannequins and 2 more US uniforms I need mannequins for.
1 German, 9 British uniforms and 6 U.S. uniforms.
The 2 that have to be added are also U.S. and are a M42 model paratrooper and a fighter pilot.
Off course there is also a lot of gear that may be of interest!
So....like I said to my girlfriend.....be patient and gently and everything will be OK! :laugh:

@Shawn,
Great idea!!!
But be aware that a lot of re-enactment gear refelects te wrong colours.
Most time caused by the fact that the are made of other materials then teh actual stuff.
There are idiots that wear this 65 year old stuff, but most have more sence!!!
But still, it will be a good reference!

Not only does she like Military Modelling but she`s the Big Boss of this site :D

Your Lufftewaffe smock is the real deal, right ?
It looks good even from that distance :)

Back