• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Shermans Paratroopers

Friulmodel tracks,the only was to fly (y)
100_0766.jpg

Go Sherm Go
Tony lee :)

Oh Tony what red did you use?

Not much done so far today, but I'm at the bench .......... hoping I do not get called in to work.:unsure:

added some casting nummbers to the back of the hull. I took the nummbers out of inside. Also had to refill in the hole the instructions say to put there. I'm not finding any photos of it on the real ones.
011.JPG

did the welds on the rear of the fighting compartment and around the hinges
010.JPG

009.JPG

Thanks Terry. The welds look kinda sloppy on the real thing so that is right up alley. :D

Thansk for the links Sharkmouth! Very useful. (y)

Nice work Jeff, how did you make the welds? Sprue and glue?

Thanks MP!

Yes. For the smaller welds that is what I do. For the larger ones I have been using Evergreen Styrne Strips .010 X .020. I soak about 1/2 inch long in glue for 8 to 12 seconds, depends on how thick the plastic is. Stick the strip on and the use the end of my knife to make low/high parts of the weld. If it starts to harden while working it just recoat with glue and brush. :D

Make since?

Good.
I get worried about that. My gramer is horrible, so is my sbelking, and well my typing ...................:pinch:

I've seen my old posts so it is true! :blush:

Back