• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Shake up at AK-Interactive

Adam Baker

Saw this posted on Facebook this morning.

This was posted on the AK Interactive Facebook page this morning, about an hour ago.

NEW STAGE AT AK-INTERACTIVE S.L.

Fernando Vallejo Calleja, President and owner at AK-INTERACTIVE S.L., has the duty to inform to all his suppliers, dealers, clients and public the following statement:

From the 9th October 2013 AK-INTERACTIVE S.L. has ended the collaboration that had with the modeler Miguel Jimenez, better known as MIG Jimenez.
This way AK-INTERACTIVE, at the date of 10th of October, has also ended his collaboration with Carlos Cuesta.

The reasons to dispense with the services of Mr. Jimenez and Mr. Cuesta are strictly professionals, due to certain behaviours committed they have caused an irretrievable loss of the essential trust needed to keep on with the collaboration maintained until now which has been so profitable for both sides and for all the modeling world.
So as said, from now on neither Miguel MIG Jimenez, nor Carlos Cuesta have any relations with AK-INTERACTIVE S.L., and also they do not have the authorization from AK-INTERACTIVE S.L. to use any of the trademarks own by the company and also for the use of AK acronym in any way, with the only exception relative to The weathering magazine and its webpage associated.
This way make also clear that Elisabeth Wiesse, girlfriend of Mr. Jimenez, has never had or has any kind of relation with AK-INTERACTIVE S.L., and that her appearances in the models shows of Mr. Jimenez, a her interventions in the Facebook pages and other media have been made a purely personal fact, due to the romantic relationship between them, and with the direct suggestion of Mr. Jimenez, and not from AK-INTERACTIVE S.L..
AK ?INTERACTIVE S.L. informs that with the agreements already signed with Mr. Jimenez, any of the rights concerning the magazine property of AK-INTERACTIVE S.L. The wheathering magazine and its associated webpage will be transferred to Mr. Jimenez.
So as said, and from this date on, any matter relative to "the Weathering Magazine" should be treated directly with Miguel MIG Jimenez.

So, ANY ARRANGEMENT FROM THIS DATE ON WITH AK-INTERACTIVE S.L. MUST BE MADE DIRECTLY WITH FERNANDO VALLEJO CALLEJA, through the companys webpage or its Facebook page.
Reiterate that from this date on, NO MATTER RELATIVE TO AK-INTERACTIVE S.L. MUST BE MADE thorugh MIGUEL MIG JIMENEZ, nor CARLOS CUESTA, nor ELISABETH WIESSE, now that that they dont have any relation with the company.

AK-INTERACTIVE S.L., and its President, founder and owner Mr. FERNANDO VALLEJO CALLEJA, they will go on with its activity as always, although without Mr. Jimenezs collaboration, investigating, innovating and developing products and publications for all modeling branches, joining forces with the best modelers in the world, and of course keeping contact with all modeling lovers through our webpage, e-mails, facebook and our forums; all this to achieve that our customers, the modelers, can get to make real all their dreamed projects and get better everyday in their passion for scale models, which is what AK-INTERACTIVE S.L. and all of his team stand for.
Many thanks to all.

AK-INTERACTIVE S.L.

Mr. FERNANDO VALLEJO CALLEJA
President, founder and owner.

And then this is the response from Miguel Jimenez

RESPONSE TO THE CORPORATE MESSAGE FROM AK INTERACTIVE S.L.
Mr. Mig Jimenez, Mr. Carlos Cuesta, Miss Elizabeth Wiese, Mr. Iain Hamilton and Mr. Rick Lawer want to inform all of their friends and associates who have been with us all these three years of “AK Interactive” the following:

- Mr. Mig Jimenez was the creator of “AK Interactive” along with Mr. Fernando Vallejo 3 years ago. From the very first moment Mr. Mig Jimenez and Mr. Fernando Vallejo agreed that the company “AK Interactive” belonged to both of them. Mr. Mig Jimenez just put his trust in his friend, Mr. Fernando Vallejo, since Mr. Mig Jimenez never came to be included in the legal documents and records of the company.

-Mr. Mig Jimenez was the creator of the entire image, logos, products, marketing and image of said company; however until last day October 9th , 2013, when Mr. Mig Jimenez was returning from a trip to Mexico for the promotion of the trademark, Mr. Mig Jimenez and Mr. Carlos Cuesta were fired without previous notice. Hence, Mr. Rick Lawler and Mr. Iain Hamilton left the company voluntarily at that moment in solidarity with Mr. Mig Jimenez and Mr. Carlos Cuesta.

- All quality control, development of ideas, books, DVDs and many others, were created by Mr. Mig Jimenez, as indicated in most products, such as the Book “FAQ 2”, leaving the distribution to his partner Mr. Fernando Vallejo. The relationship between Mr. Mig Jimenez and Mr. Fernando Vallejo has ended due to the breakage of the verbal covenant they both had from the beginning, resulting in the dismissal of Mr. Mig Jimenez in the face of an overall imbalanced situation.

- Only a week before the dismissal of Mr. Mig Jimenez, he, along with Mr. Fernando Vallejo wrote a contract in which it read that the magazine “The Weathering Magazine” was intellectual property of Mr. Mig Jimenez and that said magazine would become Mr. Mig Jimenez’s full property in case of his dismissal . To date, Mr. Fernando Vallejo hasn’t hand in any files, logo, web domains or servers relating to this magazine to Mr. Mig Jimenez, breaching said contract. Therefore, Mr. Mig Jimenez currently does not have any control or responsibility over the magazine nor over the subscribers or advertisers who, in any case, have paid their fees to “AK Interactive” not to Mr. Mig Jimenez.

- There are many other issues of legality that Mr. Mig Jimenez and Mr. Fernando Vallejo must solve. At the same time, Mr. Mig Jimenez is free to create or do anything he sees fit to continue his professional modeling career outside AK Interactive; creating new books, paintings , accessories or any other idea under the brand he wishes to, always respecting the existing contract; which he can make available to employees, suppliers or customers request.

Finally, it is our duty to notify that the Facebook account “AK INTERACTIVE FACEBOOK” was created exclusively by Miss Elizabeth Wiese who worked on it for three years selflessly with the sole aim of helping Mr. Fernando Vallejo and Mr. Mig Jimenez. As we all know, Miss Elizabeth Wiese used an “AK Interactive” account ([email protected]) authorized by Mr. Fernando Vallejo for all promotional work, helping countless times in sales care work, stands, as well as helping in promotion and customer service . As you all can see in the many photographs of “AK Interactive” albums on Facebook and the thousands of private messages she exchanged with many modelers.

-“AK Interactive”, since October 9th, 2013, has misappropriated of what Miss Elisabeth Wiese created from her own will and without any financial remuneration, which she rejected, for the sole interest in helping said company, grow .

All of us expose that “AK Interactive” under the direction of Mr. Fernando Vallejo, has acted in an improper way breaking all verbal agreements it had with Mr. Mig Jimenez just when the company “AK Interactive” had been consolidated internationally. This has led to a breakage in the trust, essential to continue with the existing collaboration to date.

It’s only up to you to judge what “AK Interactive” has done with Mr. Mig Jimenez. Thank you all for your friendship over the years and we ask you not measure up people’s success for how high up they get to reach, but by how high they bounce when they hit bottom .

To read the preview AK Interactive official note, click this link:
http://www.ak-interactive.com/inicio/?idc=35&ln=1

Looks like this could get real nasty, and personally dont think its good for the modeling community.

If it's not good for the community then perhaps we should respect their decisions and let the dust settle on it's on.

If it's not good for the community then perhaps we should respect their decisions and let the dust settle on it's own.

Agreed, and the reason why I didn't post it even though I knew about it before the posts on FB and ML.

We will probably never know all the details (I really don't want to either) so I wish both sides the best in their future endeavors (copied from the standard form named 'the short letter.')

Regards,

It's unfortunate and sad. Mig explained to me years ago when he launched the first pigment line, he's not a good businessman and it's becoming all too true. He's a great talent and is truly interested in promoting the hobby, but too trusting and he leaves himself vulnerable.

I think it's obvious there will be a new modeling company on the scene and that is never a bad thing. I don't see any need to worry about the way they handle this situation. It will all settle soon and will be another chapter in the drama that is our quirky little hobby.

Well, I thought it was useful info to have posted. Seems to me that legal action is possible, and I would assume probably pretty likely. If that's the case, then I would think its possible several things could happen, including and up to the possibility that AK could cease to exist.

Just trying to pass along info. I agree that this shouldn't have been aired publicly, but since it has, I thought it should be shared by the community. I guess I was wrong.

In truth, this was about as useful to me as tomorrow's weather forecast for Moscow. Nice to know, but doesn't affect me. I get tired of the whole Facebook drama thing, it's NEVER the whole story, so why does it matter? If they are still selling stuff, then I might buy it.

:pp

Adam none of us have a dog in this hunt. It serves nothing to speculate what can, could, should, might or will happen. Just send best wishes to all parties and wait for the dust to settle.

The Dodge brothers used to work for Henry Ford. (How's that for random? :laugh:)

It will all play out period. I'm sorry for anyone who might have a order or subscription that might be interrupted.
Mig is a talented guy and I wish him continued success.

Cheers,

Bill

I thought it should be shared by the community. I guess I was wrong.

Adam, if posted as a heads up to anyone who has an order or subscription to any AK Interactive product or magazine, then you did the right thing.

My only issue is posting the mud slinging from either side. These are easy enough to find if someone cares to learn more about it.

You only need to see how threads are degenerating on other fora as sides are taken and then trolling begins.

Regards,

Back