• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Seinaru tawagoto! Godzilla!

Rhino

Super Moderator
I am not a Japanese. I share with the Japanese people a great affection for Godzilla. Even the corny old rubber-suit-stomping-on-everything movies. I also enjoy Chibi-maru model ships. Just for the fun of it!

h11d095e.JPG

OOPS! That's not it! Those are for playing offshore fishing with grand children! Apologies!

h4bd1fc8.JPG

h42c63dc.JPG

I give you a combination of both fun model things! Fujimi's non-scale, articulated, Snap together with glow in the dark parts and hinged jaw, Chibi-Godzilla! Remember! I did include "even silly figures" and "have fun" in this campaign's rules (?!?).
More like 'guidelines". :yipee

Cry havoc! Let slip the dragons of Model Fun! (in Japanese!)

Rodan is awesome! If Fujmi makes a Chibi of him, (Hinged jaw & wings?!) I may not be able to restrain myself!
I knew where my model desk was. This morning I found it! Music and and Monster play began!

h1597962.JPG

Gojirra comes molded in black. I think He's greener than that. I need to call Ross to him ask about the appropriate shades of Green.

h8a30272.JPG

Start with a wash of Vallejo Bronze Green (Thanks Mike!) for starters.

hdd02061.JPG

Nothing like a little Godzilla head on Sunday Morning! :rotf
The kit is engineered so that glue is unnecessary. I won't leave the seam lines. Just a bit of Tamiya thin.
I think it best to put the sub-assemblies together and clean them up before lots of shading & dry-brushing begins.

Thanks for looking in!

Oh that is awesome Chris!!

I always liked when Godzilla teamed up with Anguirus.

Huge godzilla fan! I still have my stuffed godzilla from when I was 7!

Following along!!

:popcorn :popcorn :popcorn

h6ae8c9c.JPG

Is much less than likely that CSS Tennessee would be attacked by Godzilla in 1863. She's just there for scale.
I put him a little together just to see how He would fit. All the articulated joints are poly-sockets.
This little kit is a ridiculous amount of fun to build!
Clean up commencing!

Thanks for looking in!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTzb-sduiWc
Well done, "Pup! the live version is a lot of fun as well! BOC ROCKS!
I unabashedly play while I model. Those of you that know me, know that no disrespect is ever intended.
I made a LEGO figure of our grandson Russell. (Pay no attention to the dynamite). This eve, Godzilla and Russell met for the first time.

h51ac5e9.JPG

Russell is sure he can take the King of the Monsters.

h80b075d.JPG

Godzilla don't want nunna dat! Russell and Godzilla choose to be friends.
I have to flat coat before the glow-in-the-dark spines go on his back. Good progress for today! I got to a good stopping place and decided to spend some quality TV snuggle time with my Sweetie.

I hope you enjoy my silly-assed posts as much as I enjoy posting them!
Thanks for looking in!

H'mm, Godzilla taste like chicken. Nice job!! I had a Godzilla cup holder and chiwawa that said "Here lizard, lizard", from Taco Bell a long time ago. I gave it to my son and his girl friend. Gary S. XXXXV XX XX

hbc2f095.JPG

h3967aaa.JPG

h93a2d6e.JPG

Washes and dry brushing with different shades of green. I have the Club's approval on at least one appropriate shade. :good:

h1f1da2c.JPG

The kit's glow-in-the-dark parts seemed a little stark in contrast to the rest of Godzilla. A little Tamiya clear blue wash, and voila'! I dropped one under my desk and groaned about not being able to find it. Taa-Daa! It glows in the dark! :facepalm Found it! :yipee

Thanks for looking in!

Rhino your Threads are always a thrill to follow! I always look them up when I need a good laugh. This one is no exception! I gotta look for your threads more often and follow every one.

Godzilla's Holy Trousers!

h3f5f885.JPG

h08e8c7b.JPG

Clear coat and additional washes coming along. Poly inserts hold the glowing spines so they can be removed for spraying the flat coat. Not unlike the other Chibi models I've made, this kit is a joy to build.
I tried to find a picture of what the bottoms of Godzilla's feet look like to finish them. No joy. :hmmm :idonno

The Farm house is there for scale.

I delivered Russell's Lego Russell mini-figure to him last weekend. He was thrilled and promptly put himself to work flying Lego starship toys and laughing. :yipee

h51e4b94.JPG

The King of the Monsters misses his new buddy and became inconsolable. Lego Wyatt Earp and Lego Theodore Roosevelt came by to cheer him.
It's never ending fun to be a Grampa! I know you Men don't give a crap about Clown fish & Legos. I apologize. I'm not sorry.

Thanks for looking in! :drinks :gogo :eek:ldguy

The last two figures look strangely familiar...

I'll give a clap about crownfish! :D :mpup

Are you going with the solution? :coolio

Rhino, the fact that you include such stories in your build thread makes these threads such a thrill to follow. I give a crap about clownfish and Legos, especially when they are there to console a disconsolate monster and add to the stories!

Keep them coming man!

Back