• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

SEA COBRA USMC

dollar19

This will be my thread starter.

IMG_1871.jpg

IMG_1873.jpg

Be back in a few days with some progress pics!

Woo Hoo! I know where you are going to take photos of this, don't forget the blue tarp under the table.

We're not ready for the blue tarp right yet! but I did get started today. Not a lot to show but a start none the less.

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

The fuselage is taped together to make sure the engine section stay aligned as it dries. Later on I'll run some CA along the joint to firm it up, anf fill the gaps.

Great project Dollar! The Cobra is my favorite chopper.

Terry B)

Thanks T.

I'm playing hooky from work today so I snuck outside to Moon Puppy's favorite place to take some pictures.

IMG_0005-1.jpg

IMG_0006-1.jpg

IMG_0007-1.jpg

Just a little update. I'm working on the skids and stub wings.

IMG_0003-1.jpg

IMG_0005-2.jpg

I have also opened up the twin exhaust pipes and I'm working towards adding some tubing to simulate the engines tail pipes instead of a blanked off ring as Fujimi molded it.

Picture006.jpg

Picture005.jpg

good progress! :)

i remember having tried to build a helicopter a looooooong time ago and i miserably failed - helicopters are the peak of complexity in my eyes!

so keep up the great work man and don't let us wait too long with further updates!

Hey Laura, just think of a helicopter as a tank with a weird twirly thing on top!!
I bet you'd do great with one now that you've been watching us wingy thingy guys.

So to make a little progress report: The engine exhausts are now in place and the main rotor is assembled. I have a few more odds and ends to take care of and it's off to the paint shed.

IMG_0004-2.jpg

IMG_0003-2.jpg

Hey Laura, just think of a helicopter as a tank with a weird twirly thing on top!!
I bet you'd do great with one now that you've been watching us wingy thingy guys.

So to make a little progress report: The engine exhausts are now in place and the main rotor is assembled. I have a few more odds and ends to take care of and it's off to the paint shed.

IMG_0004-2.jpg

IMG_0003-2.jpg

Dang Greg, I missed these previous updates. Looking great, who can't love that glass tabletop, give it a great depth of view!

A little paint.... then a gloss coat, and some decals, and soon we'll have us one bad a%% flying killing machine!
Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Thanks T.

I got an unexpected day off and got some to sit and lay down some decals. Not finished yet but on the way....

Picture002-1.jpg

Picture001-1.jpg

Thanks Pup!!

Oh yeah you betcha..... After a pin wash, I'm going to try out using some filters. This will be my first attempt, so any advise is welcome.

What can I tell you that you haven't already seen and read? Don't be afraid. using oil is not that big of deal and should tell myself that more often. looking forward to seeing the next update.

Back