• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sdkfz124 Wespe

Dave Diaz

Hello Fellow Modelers and Friends.

At last I got some time to register and join in the fun here at the new forum. I will be continuing the work I was doing on the Wespe. I will post here the last update from the old forum and go from there. If you would like to see the build from the start please visit the old forum.

Here are the photos where I left off. I had applied the mud and was working on the tools.

1-8.jpg

2-8.jpg

3-8.jpg

4-8.jpg

5-8.jpg

6-6.jpg

7-4.jpg

8-3.jpg

9-3.jpg

10-3.jpg

Thanks for stopping by.

dave

Thanks guys.

Laura, I am really glad to be back here in the forums. I have a another project right now in the works (you'll see it pretty soon here - and I promise you will like it :evil: )once I get that one done I will continue with the Wespe.

dave

Hello fellow modelers and dear friends.

Thanks for the nice comments. During the past few weeks I have been working this project that had been left by the wayside. I finally worked up the drive to finish this one. So here are the photos of the finished tank.

1-9.jpg

2-9.jpg

3-9.jpg

4-9.jpg

5-9.jpg

6-7.jpg

I also worked on the base. Here is a summary of the steps.

7-5.jpg

1) I made the basic shape out of Styrofoam
2) Then the terrain was made using plaster.

8-4.jpg

3) Once dry I gave it a coat of black primer followed by a basecoat of Burnt Sienna.
4) Using various earth tone colors I applied some highlights.

I then made a mix for the snow. This was Baking soda, white glue and a few drops of water. I used an old brush to cover the base with it. Here is the result.

9-4.jpg

10-4.jpg

The tree is from a scale train terrain set, covered with the snow mixture.

11-2.jpg

The dry bushes are twigs I found in the yard.

12-1.jpg

13.jpg

Now its time to work on some figures and call this one done.

Until next time

dave

Looks very nice Dave. Specially the tree, very convincing with the branches weighted down by the snow!
One thing thou, the tonal variations in the terrain aren't visible in the photos, you did something to the terrain or it's just the photos?

Ruben

Hello Fellow Modelers and dear friends,

It's been quite a while since I've posted anything. This weekend I was able to get some bench time, and finally finish a project that’s been laying around for years I seems. Here are the final photos of the Wespe. The figures are from various Dragon sets. I am not too happy with the white uniforms but then again its been a while since I paint figures. As always all comments are appreciated.

1-10.jpg

2-10.jpg

3-10.jpg

4-10.jpg

5-10.jpg

6-8.jpg

7-6.jpg

Thanks for looking.

dave

Dave, really top work! the loader and gunner look to be having a conversation about what to write on the round they are about to send over...

Hey, you finished it! And just under a decade! :woohoo:

But seriously, it looks great; I like the composition of the scene very much. The only thing that bothers me a little is the contrast of the shadows in the clothing; I find it too intense. But that is my opinion though.

Ruben

Back