• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Scratchbuilding the Rohrwagen for my 21cm Mörser

Bagge

So it begins, have collected as much info as i can find so now i will try to make this trailer to go with my 21cm Mörser 18.

First a BIG thanks to James for the Mörser kit i will use for wheels and some other small details :drinks

Here you can see what it is i will try to replicate:
(for discussion purpose only)
15_cm_K_18_.jpg

21_cm_morser_57_28429.JPG

And this is where I am right now, not much done but the front trailer is almost done and i made a second axle in resin for the rear wheels

P1080675~0.JPG

P1080676.JPG

P1080677~0.JPG

P1080678~0.JPG

P1080679.JPG

P1080680~0.JPG

Hope it will soon start to look like something :)

Still :hmmm how i will do all the rivets...

To be continued...

Nice work so far Mats.

Have you looked at the rivet decals by Archer Fine Transfers?

Tom

Thanks Tom :drinks Yes that's one option and it leans more and more in that direction :)

Just gonna measure up the distance between the rivets so i know wich one to get.

Busy now to glue the box frame together, pics are coming later today :tomato

//Mats

Here are some pics of the boxframe assembly, still work in progress and a lot of small details to add still.

P1080681~0.JPG

P1080682~1.JPG

P1080683~1.JPG

P1080684.JPG

Günther is here to inspect the build :coolio so i had to make a little mockup

P1080685.JPG

P1080686.JPG

//Mats

Scratch builders just impress the heck out of me. This is already looking super cool. (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) :D
James

Don't wanna dissapoint you James :)
I rather do this than try to build those machineguns you posted pics of! I would go crazy from that hahaha

Starting to get somewhere :dance

Part F40 before modification

P1080690~0.JPG

And here in place with some plastic cut away from it, this is the baseplate for the handbrake

P1080692.JPG

P1080693.JPG

And started with the reinforcement beams, had a difficult job figuring out where they will sit and the size of them, but i think it will look good like this :hmmm :idonno

P1080694.JPG

P1080695.JPG

Not easy to see good on photos taken at an angle how the proportions are but as long as it "looks good" I'm happy (and there are always tarps!)

//Mats

Basic shape almost done, I will use "melted sprue putty" to fill up all cracks and seams, I like that method because you don't need to worry about it when you glue other pieces to it, it's just normal styrene :good:

P1080699~0.JPG

P1080701~0.JPG

//Mats

Sanded off the putty and just added small amounts where it still was some small "sinkmarks"

And did a little assemblywork on the backwheels, only modification is that i had to drill the center hole a little to fit the axle, lucky for me they seemed to have used the same parts for this trailer as for the Mörser.

P1080702.JPG

Here you see the new made resin copy of the front axle beam that i have made.

P1080703.JPG

P1080704~0.JPG

Think i have the measures figured out because it seams to line up good... :gogo

//Mats

Back