• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Scratchbuilding the Rohrwagen for my 21cm Mörser

I think i can use the leafsprings from the kit with some modification, but the mounts for the springs and axle must be scratched, have found some pics that shows the underside so i hope to be able make something plausible out of it :frantic
//Mats

Started to modify the leafsprings, but ended up searching more pics of them to see how i must make the attachments, and I didn't find much...

P1080707~0.JPG

P1080708~0.JPG

Then i began with the winch

P1080709~0.JPG

P1080711.JPG

Wish i had more pics of the inside of the chassi, it must be a gearbox or something on the inside :idonno

//Mats

Thanks Eric :ro:

Wish i could find better pics of the rear axle and how it's attached... :bang head

//Mats

Like I always say Mats, if you can't find a good ref, no one else can so go with it. If someone comes up drawings :smack 'em and ask where they were when you were building it. :rotf

wish that i lived closer to the aberdeen prooving grounds so i could get some nice photos :D

And there are always tarps...

wish that i lived closer to the aberdeen prooving grounds so i could get some nice photos :D

And there are always tarps...

:facepalm

We have a plant right across the street from the place. I'll see who's there who might be able to get his geek on. :geek

In fact, I think we have a lurker here who is at that site. :captain

that would be awesome! need pics from the inside and the underside with suspension details, and some kind of reference in the pic to calculate the measurements from. :geek
//Mats

Back