• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

S10 Off Road Racer

Kevin

I Finally got something finished, first one this year. This is a '96 S10 that was originally a 2 wheel drive kit, I converted it to a 4x4 with front suspension parts from my parts box. I used styrene to scratch build the roll cage, tube frame, spare tire carrier, visor, transfer case, exhaust and grille guard. The window nets are made from masking tape and mesh screen. The dash, steering wheel, seats and fuel cell are from a nascar kit. Tires and wheels from an older 4x4 kit. Tamiya spray paint and Slixx decals. Hope you like it! Lets go to the Baja!

a.JPG

b.JPG

c.JPG

d.JPG

i.JPG

h.JPG

g.JPG

f.JPG

j.JPG

What a fun project! but one issue..gotta get something like that in the mud! Really nice work, love the tiedown strap.

Looking great, Kevin! I really like the color combo and the details, excellent work!! Kinda clean, though. :D

Thanks guys, I appreciate all the comments. Well I suppose it is just a bit to clean to be off racing in the desert, we will call these the pre race publicity photos. :)

I was just pulling yer chain, buddy! I really like this unusual subject, keep 'em coming!! (y)

I like it!! The whole set up and very nice. Love the fact that you did a lot of scratch on this one. Keep them coming(y) (y) :dude :dude

Back