• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Russian 2S1... finished!

53Chevy

Howdy All,
This was build from the old site. I have painted and am finishing those Fruils! I'll have images soon. Here is the build. SP Designs upper hull and Turret as well as a Barrel Depot barrel and Eduard Pe set.
100_1172.jpg

100_1170.jpg

100_1173.jpg

Rear door area was corrected, not seen here
100_1168.jpg

100_1169.jpg

100_1167.jpg

Re:WIP Russian 2S1... getting there.

Good looking build. What do you think of the SP Designs turret and hull? I've been thinking about buying them, but haven't seen any opinions so far.

Hey Chevy

You're 2S1 is coming along nice. A fellow modern armour builder ;) Very nice!!
To see you're work better should you be able to post larger pics? These ones are really small and hard for me to see and judge the detailed work.

Thanks a lot

Roel

I like their stuff. I get mine thru SAAM models and Historica Hobbies is great too. Some small air holes in their older stuff. nothing horrible. The upper hull says it for a 2S1 but it really is for a UR-77. It needs a couple of small corrections for a 2S1. You really don't need the eduard set. It can all be scratched. If you want to go old school try this:
http://members.at.infoseek.co.jp/buk_2m/2s1/2s1_01.html

Here is a finished build with paint. Now to finish the tracks and weather. Ryan :cheer:
100_0182.jpg

100_0180.jpg

100_0181.jpg

Re:WIP Russian 2S1... Finished! 3/12/2009.

Well, I finally finished one! Soviet 2S1 in Chechnya. 5 more vehicles to come in the very near future! Ryan ;)
100_0295.jpg

100_0294.jpg

100_0296.jpg

100_0297.jpg

Hi Ryan.

That is a great job. It looks lived in, if you know what I mean. The way you have brought the dirt/ground color up on the vehicle looks soooo good. All in all a great looking piece of Soviet heavy metal. Are you going to put some of those new Evolution figures you just got with this ?

Gary B)

one could almost feel the grozny dust!

good job ryan!

this will end up in a megadio with the other kits mentioned and all those russian soldiers you bought recently? will it?

Howdy All,
Thanks for all the comments. I think I needed to soak the tracks a bit longer in the Blacken it and add some mud! Laura, I think this will be a stand alone. I will add a Tahk fig though. I will do a roadside dio of my 2S9 Nona and 1V118 with some figs as well.
Ryan B)

Excellent work , I really love the weathering you have done , yeah it needs that Tank figure just to give it that human touch !

Jenny :kiss:

:cheer: Hey Rian, not into targets...errr...tanks, but I like seeing heavies like this! Great job! When do the wings go on??......Harv :silly:

Back