• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Rooikat

flat,1000x1000,075,f.u1.jpg

I like the look of this one.

You do not put anything away until you order! I will send in an envelope. Tell me how many you need.

Do you need the 30 cal too?

Regards,

I was totally wrong. I think the second set looks closest.

rooikat_aad_11_of_42.jpg

From Prime Portal http://www.primeportal.net/tanks/jacques_pienaar/rooikat_aad/index.php?Page=3
I never found these the first 5 or 6 times I searched. Thanks Saul. Now do I order those and put this away or try and do it or carry on and order another for sometime in the future with all the corrections I'll probably find out about???

Who took that picture, James Bond with his cufflink camera?

Thats too kind Saul. Let me know how much please. As for the 30 I am not sure. I probably have one somewhere but I have to find a good pic of the mount in order to make one. I'll see if SA Dave might have some pics or be able to tell me about it.
Thanks very very much Saul.
Jqames

Thanks Saul. I found those and some others that have helped. Actually looking at them again shows the turret configuration is different. I will go with the kit markings I guess.
I did not get as much time today as I ended up being held hostage by my bed, pillow, and a book. I did get the for and aft plates on and worked on the turret some more. I also got some of the suspension on. Its very intricate but oh so easy. While this kit has lots of little things that could be better I now realize that this would be a great kit for a new armour modeler. I'd even say get it if you want something easy in between big builds. Antenna mounts not added yet as I have to figure how the antennas where used, either unrestrained and whipping about or restrained fore or aft. Really enjoying this build.

hf3a0aac.JPG

h6eea169.JPG

h3d5cd91.JPG

h2fa2580.JPG

Not able to get a lot done this past week. I have half the running gear on and found the rear shocks do not reach. I checked to see if I misplaced something but I cant see it. So I made some extensions that don't look so hot, but I am hoping they blend in and become unnoticeable after paint. I also realized I had not put the steering arms on so I glued them after the fact and they will do.
Finally all the shafts connecting to the wheels are keyed. I didn't really notice this and was thinking I would have to drill a bigger hole. Then it clicked in. The front wheels are keyed but the back are not. Simple fix, I shaved the key off the shafts for the rear. Now to finish the other side and then as I await some parts I will make an anti skid surface on the upper hull and turret top.

h78f42c5.JPG

h9c4dde6.JPG

Okay found my error . Getting fed up with this modelling thing. I'll have to get another Rooikat sooner than expected. So dont bother following this thread for the near future.

Okay found my error . Getting fed up with this modelling thing. I'll have to get another Rooikat sooner than expected. So dont bother following this thread for the near future.

Well that's a shame! Am enjoying it immensely! :mpup

Back