• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Roman's Sturer Emil

Roman

Hi

So, I decided to make some photos, because I don't know when I will start build :)

img_1374_20100114_1974715265.jpg

img_1373_20100114_1308768999.jpg

overview_20100114_1147242152.jpg

My Armorscale gun mantlet is broken during postage.
I hope to finish my Stug before I'll start Emil.

knowing of your skills it will be very hard for me to finish off with an acceptable emil!

that with the broken mantled is a shame but maybe it is still usable? from that what i see the damage isn reworkable!

and i look forward to see the modelkasten tracks assembled!

Hi Roman.

That is a lot of sweet looking stuff. And you must have the same mail man as me :angry: ;) . But you could either try to fix it your self (y) , wait for a replacement :pinch: , or just call it "battle damage" :idonno .

Gary B)

G Cooper wrote:
... or just call it "battle damage"

That's the real beauty of armour modeling. Any flaws, faults, errors, and stuff ups can all be explained away as "battle damage" - or - hidden by "mud"... :silly:

Can't wait to see how this build turns out. Looks like a great kit with lots of cool add-ons.

John

Laura you flatter me, I trust in your skills!

I think or to repair a mantlet from Armorscale, or I will use native of a set. It is necessary to find drawings and to look what mantlet is more correct.

Last night has started to build my Emil. Two photos. Some parts are dry fitted.
img_2126_20100325_1481869174.jpg

img_2127_20100325_1550541892.jpg

And I decided to use a kit mantlet, cause the resin one had some ineradicable defect. I did not manage to insert the central part so that there was no level difference.

Tell you what, I have my vehicle in storage too, thanks to all the brass. Want to work one week at a time until we both finish building the kit?

Regards,

what I mean is only one post a week. I am not part of the group build so the end time does not matter to me. More important is to have fun and build. I also have some brass on my kit (OK, a LOT of brass :)) so it will be fun to see each other's techniques.

No pressure from either one of us since this is supposed to be a fun hobby.

Regards,

Back