• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Roden M37

Ken Abrams

This is the only game in town I know of in plastic for the M37. I have always loved this truck and while they aren’t my first choice in manufacturer I had to get one and build it. It isn’t the easiest kit I’ve built and have had a few struggles throughout but I think I managed to get something halfway decent out of it.

I am building this model for Inside the Armour Publication’s next book, Models for Ukraine - Volume Two.

I’ll share my bench photos of this build here while I work on this over the next month.

KIMG2840~2.JPG

KIMG2857.JPG

I made a base using rigid insulation foam framed by white styrene card. I then used quick setting joint compound to sculpt the ground and imprint tire tracks. I sprinkle the joint compound dust over the wet surface to give a more natural look and hide any tooling marks made when shaping the compound.

KIMG2942~2.JPG

I purchased this Bravo 6 figure to accompany the truck in the scene. His weapon was badly warped but being resin I simply dipped it in some scolding water and it returned to its previous shape. In my experience resin has memory so this should work most every time.

KIMG2941.JPG
KIMG2932~2.JPG
KIMG2933~2.JPG
KIMG2935~2.JPG

I primed the model using Mr Surfacer black thinned with Mr Color leveling thinner, then I misted the model with the thinner alone to further settle the paint down tight to the surface and give the model a slight sheen.

KIMG2929.JPG

Lastly, just a shot of the basic layout I’ve chosen. The Olive Drab is dark but not this dark, it looks black in this photo but it must be the lighting and the phone camera because it’s not as dark as this photo makes it appear.

KIMG2943~2.JPG

Critiques and questions always welcome. Happy modeling all.

Last edited:
Thanks guys!

I’ve made some more progress on this. I’ve added some smaller plant life with some Silfor leaves and picked out random stones in different colors using Vallejo paints and added some more contrasting colors to the roadway with the airbrush and Tamiya paints heavily thinned as well as defining the roots a little better.

I still have to put some more work into the truck and figure but I’m coming close to the finish line now.

E2570F56-6028-487B-B8EF-41DE4662B6F7.jpeg
54137F4C-275D-46DC-98DC-8E2917D7E616.jpeg
7B0FF4FE-6882-4CF5-BDA3-27CAC5559A66.jpeg
B8880022-88F8-4317-8082-590F333B7ADA.jpeg

Back