• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Roden 1/144 C-141B

jeaton01

Since there are a few days left I will enter a Roden 1/144 C-141B, my Minicraft C-130J-30 needs a companion. I started on it yesterday and it is a pretty simple build. During the Viet Nam war the A and B versions of these flew over my house several times daily on the way to Travis AFB. Often with sad cargo.

The box art.

0011c141.jpg

Not much to this one, going to give it my best shot. Simple paint scheme, too.

Major assemblies are together. Fit is excellent, the only rework needed was on the platform that the nose gear attaches too, I had to file the sides to a taper and carve a bit from each fuselage side to get a fit I liked. And what was I thinking, why did I glue in the nose strut already? :facepalm First photo shows the changes made to get a good fit.

0021c141.jpg

0031c141.jpg

All the little wheelies, and some shiny paint on the front of the nacelles. Some Mr. Surface 1500 on the top seam.

0041c141.jpg

Well, egg on face, not getting this one done on time. The problem is I just don't want an all grey 141 on the shelf when the white top ones are so pretty. For that I have to come up with my own decals or find some aftermarket.

That's my story/excuse and I'm sticking to it!

That's fine John, I like the old MAC scheme myself. Please do share the rest of the build, I'll move it to Wesendorf Field if you want.

Well, egg on face, not getting this one done on time. The problem is I just don't want an all grey 141 on the shelf when the white top ones are so pretty. For that I have to come up with my own decals or find some aftermarket.

That's my story/excuse and I'm sticking to it!
Yep they are much more apealing to the eye

Heck with it, I went ahead and moved it John. I'd like to see this finished in the old MAC scheme. :popcorn

Thanks, Bob. I have some Caracal decals on the way so it shouldn't be too long. Back on the B-26 this evening, putting PE in the interior. Windows are nicely polished with Novus.

Gorgeous work. I really like that scheme. Low vis is nice but the older white or grey schemes just looked so cool.
James

I remember one landing at GFAFB back in the day, the low vis scheme James mentions but little did I realize then how rare that sighting would be.

Back