• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

RichB - WNW Hansa Brandenburg W.12

RichB

Picked this up from James and his inadvertent attempt to corner the W.12 market.

Start~7.jpg

Last night I cut and trimmed all the wood bits (except the prop) and gave them a coat of sandy brown acrylic. This morning I did the wood graining using Raw Umber oil paint. Time to watch paint dry on these parts for a bit and see what else on the bench wants to be worked on.

Fuslgwd.jpg

Ckptwd.jpg

Cheers,
Rich :snoopy

Spent most of this week painting all the little details and assembling the cockpit.

Ckpt1~3.jpg

Ckpt2~1.jpg

Ckpt3~0.jpg

Ckpt4.jpg

Built up and primed the floats and struts. Mocked up the fuselage, cockpit, floats and struts. Everything clicks together so there is no glue between the major components yet.

Mock1.jpg

Mock2.jpg

Cheers,
Rich

Not too much on this one. There is some cross bracing that runs between the floats, cross bracing on the interplane struts and control rigging on the ailerons.

Cheers,
Rich

Tried applying the hex decals to the tops of the floats last weekend. Cut them into 3 sections as WNW suggested. The centre section settled down relatively easily. Applied a forward section and thought I had won the battle and left it to set overnight. When I checked the next morning, the decals had stretched drum tight over the band of raised strips on the float. When trying to soften them they split. This seems to be a common theme with this kit.

While contemplating painting them black, I found Old Propeller decals that makes Naval Hex decals sheets. Ordered them from Nordland Models in the Czech Republic, now we wait for the turtles and dog teams to make the journey.

Cheers,
Rich

Rich in the Fokker kits they send a bunch of plan lozenges decals you can use for patch work, got any spare with this kit?

There is some spare, but I don't think there is enough to do both floats and match the patterns. I'll give these decals a try. Their other decals look good on a couple of builds on wwi aircraft models forum.

Cheers,
Rich

Feel your pain. Aviattic is coming out with some also, just dont know when. Got my engine and restarting mine. Watching how this goes.
James

I'll have to resurrect this build in another area as Avaittic have released their Naval Pattern hex for printed linen and painted surfaces. Just ordered some so now waiting for the turtles to make it across the Atlantic.

Cheers,
Rich

Got mine last week Rich. Today I got the other decals stripped from the wings and i hope I can get the decals put on this weekend. Just ordered another W.12 so I have 2 more to build using the Pheon decals I got last month.
Looking forward to seeing more of your build.
James

Back