• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Revellogram 1/48 A-10

just some pics of where I'm at with this build.

A10%20003.jpg

A10%20004.jpg

A10%20005.jpg

A10%20001.jpg

My compressor went tits up on me, but I have one on order that should be here in the next few days so hopefully I can get back to this in short order.

Maverick! We use to love watching those videos of the guidance camera as it races to target. ZOOOOM BAM! :rotf
We were easily entertained back then.

Thanks! just waiting for the new compressor to get here, so I can start shooting some paint.

Bob I take it some beers were involved on movie night? :yipee

As you might have guessed, I tabled this to finish up the Cutlass build. I just finished that this morning so the Warthog is back on the track. I'll post some sort of progress soon, after i figure out where I left off. I got to get my head wrapped around this one again.

Small progress report. My buddy aksed me to build this with the canopy closed, so I had to do some modifying..... like cut off the tail piece of the canopy. It's molded so the canopy frame and hinge are one piece in the raised position. So I cut the hinge portion off and CA'd into the hole behind the cockpit opening where the hinge would live. Thus filling the opening. So noe we can have our closed canopy.

Since I'm trying to get this thing done and had out the clear sprues, I drilled out the wing tip formation lights and did the red and green paint thing and glued them to the wing tips.

Just for craps and giggles I made a HUD projector lens out of green food dye and Future and then glued down the HUD screen.

IMG_1268_1.jpg

IMG_1267.jpg

IMG_1266.jpg

IMG_1265.jpg

IMG_1263.jpg

I'm trying to get the cockpit stuff finished up so I can mask up and start shooting some paint here soon.
Thanks for looking in....

That squadron flew out England AFB in Alexandria, LA about 2 hours north of here, Sulphur. Nice work! :pilot

Thanks Bob. I'd like to get this one finished up pretty soon. I've just spent a good part of the morning and a half a pot of coffee putting a tricycle together for my grandson. Hopefully the coffee jitters wont screw me up masking the canopy......

BTW Anyone happen to know the color of the canopy detonation cord? There's a molded line in the top of the canopy for this so I really need to do something with it.

Looks good, I couldn't find a clean picture of the canopy, saw some that were silver and found some canopy detonation cord that looked grayish... :pilot

Thanks for that Swordsman. I pretty much found the same thing.

I got the canopy masked and attached to the plane. not a good fit at all considering it was never to modeled in the closed position. But I managed to get a somewhat reasonable fit. Close enough that my friend will never know that is not so good. Then it was off to the basement to shoot the interior color. That's as far as I got today, maybe tomorrow I can shoot the first green on it.
IMG_1270.jpg

Back