• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Revell: Westland Lynx Mk8 1/32 "FINISHED"

These are the kit blades and their rotor attachments alongside the after market attachment for folded rotors

DSC_1696.JPG

I have now cut the std parts away from the blades so no going back :)

DSC_1701.JPG

I have also got a coat of the correct grey on the body and fitted the wheels ...]

DSC_1698.JPG

What this really means is i am still putting off the tail fold, again not a std set up for the kit.
The masking is a mixture of tape and that Humbrol rubber paint mask, you never really know if it worked to you take it off but i need to gloss, decal, flat coat first

thanks for looking :)

The radio compartment is not part of the kit so a bit of scratching, managed to use the kit panel , just thinned it out and made some hinges.
The Union Jack Flag has gone on early as it will be behind the door but visible through the door window,

DSC_1716.JPG

Not done a lot this week. The new 3D printed "folded" rotor arms are fitted but they cant really take the weight on the blades. this will not matter once the supports are in place on the tail boom however getting them in right position and drill in them on etc will be a something you have to start and see through so an hour or two and recently i have been picking this up for 20 mins at a go as a bit busy with work.

DSC_1727.JPG

A Sherman Achilles arrived today to continue my British tank shelf , not really British but modified quite a bit by the British.....Might make it a Christmas build :)
Have been looking for a Revell 1/32 Sioux for the Heli collection but nothing in the UK except some "MASH" versions which we didn't use over here. One will turn up one day :)

Ha ha , its an IRCM jammer, it jams the signal that heat seeking missiles pick up on, i did mine with copper bare metal foil :)
1920px-ALQ-144_IRCM.jpg

this week i have been puzzling over the rotor fold. Its quite difficult to balance everything in position to mark out where holes need to be and angles for parts that need to be glued as nothing really has any location tabs with the after market rotor fold kit but i think i have it sorted. You dont get any front rotor head tie downs so i have done these much as you would when rigging a bi plane with what they call turn buckles.

DSC_1751.JPGDSC_1753.JPGDSC_1755.JPGDSC_1756.JPGDSC_1757.JPG
Starting with 1/4mm electrical wire i put a hook in a pin drill, hook the wire through, hold the ends with pliers and spin the drill.
I used brass tube .5mm ID .7mm OD
The whole lot is then rigged with .25mm fishing line so i can get 2 pieces through the brass tube.t
DSC_1760.JPG

And this where we are now. Fishing line and buckles painted black and brass tube painted red.
I think on the real thing the tube is threaded for adjustable length but thats beyond me on this scale :)

Revell Lynx mk8 132 by Paddy (6).JPGlynx8_zf562.jpg

This is my finished Lynx with the real thing.
This is the Revell 1/32 Mk8 fleet air arm version with after market rotor fold by "scalewarships" Scratch radio compartment and tail fold and also the Eduard Big Ed PE set.
A great fun kit, the first one i have built since my return to modelling where i am starting to be pleased with what i am doing. Getting there slowly as they say -)
Anyway enjoy and all comments and criticism welcome.

Revell Lynx mk8 132 by Paddy (1).JPG
Revell Lynx mk8 132 by Paddy (2).JPG
Revell Lynx mk8 132 by Paddy (3).JPG
Revell Lynx mk8 132 by Paddy (4).JPG
Revell Lynx mk8 132 by Paddy (6).JPG
Revell Lynx mk8 132 by Paddy (8).JPG
Revell Lynx mk8 132 by Paddy (9).JPG
Revell Lynx mk8 132 by Paddy (10).JPG
Revell Lynx mk8 132 by Paddy (11).JPG
Revell Lynx mk8 132 by Paddy (12).JPG
Revell Lynx mk8 132 by Paddy (13).JPG
Revell Lynx mk8 132 by Paddy (14).JPG
Revell Lynx mk8 132 by Paddy (15).JPG

And finally.......there is a fundamental mistake here that we nearly all fall for, can you spot it ?

Revell Lynx mk8 132 by Paddy (7).JPG

I have done a couple but this is the first one thats really presentable :)
I now feel a Sherman coming on. Possibly a convertible drop top version to remind me of Summer... M10 Achilies

Back