• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Revell H-102:600 Nakajima Ki-49 Donryu

Looking good Warren, (y) Spotted finishes like that are my nemesis, I have a couple of kits that have been waiting years for me to master the technique and a paint mule that looks like it has pox from all the practice attempts !

I can understand! Freaks me out every time! You should see the pile of paper towels I was practicing on!!

Turned out pretty good warren. :good:

A light dusting with a thined out base coat will help tie it all together

Turned out pretty good warren. :good:

A light dusting with a thined out base coat will help tie it all together

Agreed!

I was able to work for a couple hours this morning and painted the leading edge stripes

h384fc31.jpg

Then, applied a gloss coat

h6e7c8ef.jpg

Only had a few decals for this one so got those on after everything dried

hd4e0e48.jpg

h094336f.jpg

h71d1e01.jpg

Go Warren (y) (y) (y)

That strange wing design gets to me every time I view it. :frantic must have been a reason though.

Cheers, Christian. B)

Thanks guys! I'm thinking in hind sight that I should have had more green on top.....but the reference pic I had, albeit a drawing, was rather spotty....

Go Warren (y) (y) (y)

That strange wing design gets to me every time I view it. :frantic must have been a reason though.

Cheers, Christian. B)

Christian, I am not 100% sure but I thought I had read somewhere that Nakajima made the wing the way it is to accommodate an extra fuel tank in the wing next to the fuselage, I think there were three between the nacelles and the fuselage and then 2 smaller ones further out.

Props are done!

Started by painting them yellow and then masking the markings with Tamiya tape!

hb236131.jpg

Then painted them brown

h5e2d08e.jpg

Almost done!

Props are done!

Started by painting them yellow and then masking the markings with Tamiya tape!

hb236131.jpg

Then painted them brown

h5e2d08e.jpg

Almost done!

Great way to tackle that, I would hae been fussin and cussin trying to get the yellow down over the brown. :drinks

Thanks Christian and Bob!

I was a little busy the last couple days..worked on small details like painting vents, for these I just put down a small piece of tape and then apply a little matt black to the end of a brush

h5fc0242.jpg

and made aerials with stretched sprue

ha7ced86.jpg

I completed the final weathering (still need to work on chipping!) yesterday and this morning so I'm calling this one done!!

heedeb13.jpg

h28ffc62.jpg

h0d2ed12.jpg

hb57b232.jpg

hd1251d3.jpg

That turned really nice Warren :good: Kinda fun to do one of those older kits once in a while I think just for fun
:drinks

Back