• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

REVELL BELL H-13H MASH BUILD WIP

WigWag Workshop

Good Day Folks,

Started another build this fine morning, It's the Revell Bell H-13H, I am going to build it as the MASH Medical Helicopter. This is my very first helicopter build.

-Steven

I've eyeballed that kit several times now. Just haven't pulled the trigger yet. Looking forward to this build up Steven. :popcorn

Good day Folks!

This kit has been fighting me, every step of the way. Please ignore, the yellow paint on the tail, it needs to be redone. The instructions, are rubbish. I am not going to let this get beat me ;D I am still having a blast with this new challenge, I am sure in the end, it will turn out fine.

-Steven

With those positive waves, how can you go wrong man! :zen

:popcorn

I've always thought the boom frame is too thick, pictures I have show the framing being built of a much thinner tubing. But with out scale drawings and stuff, no way for me to know.

Looking good so far!

I've always thought the boom frame is too thick, pictures I have show the framing being built of a much thinner tubing. But with out scale drawings and stuff, no way for me to know.

If the proportions look correct compared to photos, you can always use the kit to determine the lengths of rod needed.

Regards,

this is the shot I really base my opinion on.

Saul I know you've seen it time and time again...

Steven, sorry for the hijack..but...this picture was taken by my Dad in 1952 in Korea, that's the real Mash chopper doing a real dust off in real color! Dad was really into photography then.

3-16-2006-67.jpg

It could well be the light and shadow making the framing look thinner than it actually is. But I do question the scale thickness of the boom framing, will gladly stand corrected if need be. :mpup

If I ever get a Resistance Soldering station, I may attempt this in brass rod.. :blink

What a wonderful start, Steven, on a project that I know will be troublesome. Your right, don't let it beat you.

I flew in one of these in 1982 while fire-fighting. A little bit scary with all that glass upfront. But I'd do it again.

A HELI!!!!

I'm here and don't lost this for nothing! :pilot

This part of build it's hard, but keep up! :zen :zen :zen

Cheers

Art

Back