• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Revell 48th Scale North American AT-6/SNJ Texan

Re: Revell 48th Scale North American AT-6/SNJ

Looks like you can't wait to get started on it Ryan! (y)

I eyeballed one on the shelf at Hobby Lobby today, so many schemes you can do with these bad boys.

I know. I've already started on it today. Interesting note the Army Air Force decal option plane was heavily damaged in a landing accident at Turner Field, GA in September of 1942. Might have to order the accident report to see if it has photos of it.

the option for the AT-6A, marked X-534, is one that flew out of Luke Field, AZ, in 1942.

What_s_that_big_flagpole_sticking_up_on_your_cowling.JPG

Free_as_a_bird.JPG

Regards,

Thanks for posting those photos Saul. Guess the gun cowl would then be correct for the Army bird then. One thing I did notice since I started building this kit is it calls for a decal for the seats which doesn't seem to be on the decal sheet. Also it comes with a dorsal gun for the rear. So you can build quite a few different versions out of this 15 dollar kit. You just have to source the decals.

Here is a google search for the swedish version "SK 16"
https://www.google.com/search?q=sk16&hl=sv&client=firefox-a&hs=skN&rls=org.mozilla:sv-SE:eek:fficial&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=p-5YT4ntGKGP0AXBt5jTDQ&ved=0CEMQsAQ&biw=1787&bih=995#hl=sv&client=firefox-a&hs=b52&rls=org.mozilla:sv-SE:eek:fficial&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=ru5YT77lOpCY0QWEs8jSDQ&ved=0CDwQBSgA&q=sk+16&spell=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=1a88f1f3be51d96b&biw=1787&bih=995
Greetings Mats

Back