• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Revell 1/72 Fokker D.VII

Rhino

Super Moderator
20260904_092045.jpg
#JFFWWI Campaign build for our mates in UK (mostly) on X. This kit came from Tom Boyle's collection, God rest him, and had 3 airplane models in the Fokker box. It's down to one complete made in America, Revell kit. The original decals remain in the kit, so I had to choose markings and paint job from the aftermarket. I wanted Ernst Udet's or Den Sieben Schwaben, but none coild be fopund without buying another kit that I don't need, Sooooo..............

20261010_122511.jpg
20261010_135524.jpg20261010_144859.jpg

I chose Ltn. Josef "Seppl" Veltejns. A 35 victory ace, and confidant of Goering in the WW II Luftwaffe. The vintage Revell fit is as one might expect. I dabbed little cast-off bits of resin in C/A glue to fill the sink marks in the nose. The radiator was built up from bits of plastic strip behind where the kit part will mount on the nose.
I'm not planning to add a bunch of home-made cockpit details. This Fokker will have the chunky kit pilot figure at the helm. A windscreen, maybe. The lozenge camo on the wings looks like great fun!
Still, a guy could hang a rudimentary instrument panel from the guns.......
MAKE THE BAD MAN STOP!! :silly: :smack:
 
OK, you're set then. I thought you'd need help as I am sure I have something left over in my stash since this is a project:
1791674162660.png


1791674189245.png


No, I do NOT have the WnW kit (couldn't afford it then and even less now):
1791674219436.png


1791674277379.png
 
Thanks Saul for the detail shots. I have a D VII (OAW) in 1/48th scale by Eduard to build. It has decals for an unknown pilot from Heese, which is where my great grandfather came from. Gary S.
 
Back
Top