• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Revell 1/72 A-7A

jeaton01

Here is the 1/72 Revell A-7A. It is a pretty weak kit with soft moldings and very fine raised panel lines, with areas of approximate fit. I thought I would have some fun with it, building it up with the old Revell stand, as it might have been if issued in the box scale era. It is the Flight of the Intruder issue, and I used those decals. It's clear to me that the person who did the instructions put a bunch of the right side markings on the left side view and vice versa, of course I did not realize that until the decals were already in the water or on the model. I made a decal for the stand in the style of the box scale Revell F-89D, which is the first plastic model I ever built. In disrespect of James Ling, I used an earlier Vought Logo instead of one of the LTV days.

0071a7.jpg

0081a7.jpg

0091a7.jpg

0101a7.jpg

0111a7.jpg

0121a7.jpg

Looks great John!

that is an interesting stand! Looks better than what one would usually get with an old kit.

Thanks, everyone.

Warren, those stands used to come with all the Revell box scale kits when they were first issued. They have a snap ring that holds them on a ball attached to the model so you could position the model however you liked. I can recall seeing the snap ring flying off into space, the stone age equivalent of modern PE frustration.

Sierra Hotel, John! A VERY nice build of an not-easy-to-build airplane model!! :salute :eek:ldguy :pilot

This is a very nice build! I have the A-7B from the same time frame, and am struggling thru it as well, hope it turns out half this well!

I'll have to read everybodys comments, as I can't see the photos or access the website, John. Must be a New Zealand thing !!

Ian.

Back