• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Revell 1:25 '66 GTO - WiP

ij001

Afternoon all. Welcome to my WiP thread for the excellent 1:25 Revell '66 GTO. You may have seen in my 'intro' thread, the body is all sprayed-up in Humbrol 'Ivory'. The only work I've done to the engine is an ignition harness from florists wire (my first attempt so it will get better next time !!).

So here's the state of play just now:

66GTO2a.jpg

66GTO2b.jpg

66GTO2c.jpg

66GTO2d.jpg

As you can see I've employed a little 'artistic license' with the underside. I've seen this technique done before (carrying-on the body colour onto the underside of the floorpan), and on certain cars it looks great. Not too certain that I'm happy with it for the Pontiac, but hey... you never know if you don't try, right :hmmm

Hopefully this evening I can start getting the suspension and steering gear on. Who knows... small children can knock your modelling time into a different dimension very easily :coolio

AFN, thanks for taking the time to look and/or comment.

Ian

More progress:

Interior

66GTO5b.jpg

66GTO5a.jpg

Engine in place

66GTO7b.jpg

66GTO7a.jpg

Chassis

66GTO6a.jpg

66GTO6b.jpg

Body ready to be assaulted with chrome silver paint !!

66GTO8a.jpg

66GTO8b.jpg

Thanks for sticking-with-it. More later in the week.

Ian

So close to finishing now, I can almost taste it !!

66GTO9a.jpg

66GTO9b.jpg

66GTO9c.jpg

66GTO9d.jpg

66GTO9e.jpg

66GTO9f.jpg

66GTO9g.jpg

If I get an hour-or-so in the 'man cave' over the weekend I should get it finished. Stay tuned. In the meantime, and given that I'm VERY new here. Thanks for all the really positive comments so far. Very much appreciated - seems like a good crowd here.

AFN

Ian

Back