• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Resting Soviet Soldier 43-45

He looks awesome Andy. Love the dust and dirt on the boots and the bottom of his coat. Looks like you really pulled off that gray color.

Thanks Mike,......I'm really enjoying doing this figure but sadly getting to the finish line regarding painting.....base is going to be challenging cos its going to be a bit different to the norm

All acrylics,..either Andrea or Vallejo.

I just love the coverage that Andrea paints provide but they are prone to seperation inside the bottles and need a good shake up.
Vallejos are great for detailing work.

Small update

I decided to go the simpler base route as I changed my mind and now want to improve my foliage skills. The other trench section base that I made up will be used in a future project ! :unsure:
I also made the face a bit more aggressive simply by adding a 5 O`clock shadow
pic quality isnt all that tonight but shows what Im trying to show :pinch:

IMAG0077.jpg

Here`s a quick picture of the trench section that I started for the Seelow Heights scenerio

photo1.jpg

So to conclude,....
Resin base section is now glued to the wood base and will be ready to add the groundwork up to the edges of the base for this I think I will use probably some epoxy putty and then try and acheive a little wooded scene for our Soldier to sit and have a smoke and a drink after a fierce battle

Hope all this helps and makes sense :D

Base update

Ok here we go with the base,..epoxy putty in this case.
Alves was pushed around to the edges of the wood and resin section ( dark grey)and then textured with my old toothbrush !! ( Yes its true, us British boys do actually own toothbrushes :D )
A sprinkle here and there of sand and stone mix ( dustpan and brush and driveway = mix )
A few roots from garden here and there
I added a patch of grass to look see but will add more once the groundwork is painted up

Enjoy !

IMAG0082.jpg

IMAG0083.jpg

Who can spot my mushrooms ?

The were somply done by cutting off "tichytrains" rivet heads and pusing them into the ground :ro:

Thats it, off to work :pinch:

Been busy this evening after work with doing the ground work

Heres where I am at right now, figure just placed in for shot

IMAG0085.jpg

Basecoated the groundwork with a suitable brown then added white glue to the colour to stick down the leaves and grasses

Backpacksack is basecoated with Russian green and the tree stump is going to be painted up tomorrow

I shall give the base itself a few washes to tie everything in and hopefully by tomorrow night we shall be done (y)
( Famous last words )

Back