• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

REICHSBAHN - Drehschemelwagen der DR

First steps in my new wagon.
1º. CHASSIS STRUCTURE.

l000.jpg

l001-1.jpg

2º. PLATTFORM. HERE, WILL BE THE SCRATCH WORK (CRANE AND COVERED "COTTAGE".

l001.jpg

l002.jpg

3º. COMPARATIVE OF MEASURES BETWEEN PLATTFORM AND REALIZED CHASSIS (Steuerwagen).

l004.jpg

l005b.jpg

On the whole, they are 5 centimeters more than long of plattform. And the chassis has a structure for four axes, and not two as had thought at the beginning. Being the most extended body and due to the weight of the load that will carry the freight car, wanted to give him slightly more than consistency and sturdiness. At first, I will mount only the two axes of the extremes. If I see that does not remain credible due to the long one of the freight car, I will add other two axes more, being four on the whole.

The structure of the chassis I have carried out it with two kits of freight cars of Dragon. One of the kits, middle had it hidden and with some pieces less. But the ones that were have come me cool to be able to extend that chassis and to be able to do, if the case is given, the two play of axes if said finally to do it with four and not with two.

Thanks for looking.

See you!

Yago.

Note: Put here the spanish text to translate if you need understand it best.

En total, son 5 cm más de largo de plataforma. Y el chasis tiene una estructura para cuatro ejes, y no dos como había pensado al principio. Siendo el cuerpo más alargado y debido al peso de la carga que llevará el vagón, quería darle algo más de consistencia y robustez. En un principio, montaré sólo los dos ejes de los extremos. Si veo que no queda creible debido al largo del vagón, añadiré otros dos ejes más, siendo cuatro en total.
La estructura del chasis la he realizado con dos kits de vagones de Dragon. Uno de los kits, lo tenía medio escondido y con algunas piezas menos. Pero las que estaban me han venido de coña para poder alargar ese chasis y poder hacer, si se da el caso, los dos juegos de ejes si decido finalmente hacerlo con cuatro y no con dos.

Re: REICHSBAHN Flachwagen

I see, you've used two kits to extend this one. Great looking work!

Re: REICHSBAHN Flachwagen

moon puppy wrote:
I see, you've used two kits to extend this one. Great looking work!

Yeah! I have used two kits by Dragon (German Railway Flatbed 6085). This weekend I'll try to build another parts of this project.

See you soon!

Yago

Re:REICHSBAHN Flachwagen

Yago , nice start , are you doing the 88 flak ?

I like the train work you build , [ your train yard is beautiful !!! ] I also like taking Dragon cars and converting them into unavailable subjects .
I'm very happy Dragon re-released some of their rolling stock , I'm currently buying up all I can :laugh: , kits #9114 and #9115 . Unfortunately they are only single trucks .

Is this the car you're building ?

Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-638-4208A-2.jpg

This looks to be an easy conversion , a command/ops car ........

trieb.jpg

It's getting harder to find Dragons kit #6069 [ two trucked heavy wagon ].

Here are some pics if you're interested in trying to build a rolling crane , hopefully I'll get to attempt this in the future .

iw-bldg-inside-04.jpg

iw-bldg-inside-16.jpg

iw-crane-6.jpg

rrcrane2.jpg

rrcrane1.jpg

rrcrane.jpg

Hi Cheyenne!

I'm doing a maintenance wagon of Deutsche Reichsbahn.
I will put a crane, but not that, one crane more small.
This night I'll post more photos of this work.

See you and thanks for your posted photos.

Yago.

The past weekend I did...

...the crane.

l006.jpg
:arrow:
l012.jpg

l008-1.jpg
l015.jpg

l013.jpg
l014.jpg
:!:

I'll post new photos this week with more steps.

See you.

Yago.

Hmmmmm , I can see either Glenn or Yago moving , wouldn't it be fun to have a big modelling weekend together ? :laugh: You both do so much similar stuff it isn't funny . ;) I reckon it would be fun to have a big modelling bash together , imagine Claude , Bob , Glenn , Yago and Johnny together ? Imagine the naughty corner , the girls table with me , Laura , Jo , Sue , Mel and little Grace :D ?

Your conversion , like all of your stuff Yago is specially good . :laugh:

Jenny :kiss:

jenny croft wrote:
Hmmmmm , I can see either Glenn or Yago moving , wouldn't it be fun to have a big modelling weekend together ? :laugh: You both do so much similar stuff it isn't funny . ;) I reckon it would be fun to have a big modelling bash together , imagine Claude , Bob , Glenn , Yago and Johnny together ? Imagine the naughty corner , the girls table with me , Laura , Jo , Sue , Mel and little Grace :D ?

Your conversion , like all of your stuff Yago is specially good . :laugh:

Jenny :kiss:

Jenny, thank you so much!
I would like to do a dio with them (Claude , Bob , Glenn and Johnny), all together. Will be awesome. Is a dream, but impossible is nothing.

See you and thanks!

Yago.

Hi guys:

I did a new part of the wagon, the cottage (I believe that is called cottage).

l014-1.jpg

l015-1.jpg

l016.jpg

l017.jpg

I have to do more things: filling the corners of the framework (in red lines); to carry out the frameworks of the windows (in green lines); put the hinges of the door (in red blocks); and the knob of the door (in red).

l017b.jpg

And curved roof section (in grey lines)

l017c.jpg

See you soon friends!

Thanks for looking this work.

Yago.

Si te refieres a la cabina, seria 'Cabin' en Ingles.

Una cosita, la grúa no tiene motor, ¿por que tiene una puertita?

Excellent work. For the non-Spanish (OK, Castillian) speakers. I just pointed out it is probably the cabin and not cottage. I also asked about an element which I am sure he will point out.

Regards,

sharkmouth wrote:
Si te refieres a la cabina, seria 'Cabin' en Ingles.

Una cosita, la grúa no tiene motor, ¿por que tiene una puertita?

Excellent work. For the non-Spanish (OK, Castillian) speakers. I just pointed out it is probably the cabin and not cottage. I also asked about an element which I am sure he will point out.

Regards,

Hi Saul!

Cottage no, cabin, ok ok. The little door will not to be really. I used this circular base to build the crane. When I fix all elements to the plattform, the circular base will not to be there. Only the three posts. Thus I will win more free-space to put the different elements (crane, rails, etc etc).

Thanks for all.

Yago.

Hi guys:

While I'm preparing for the outer parts of the platform, I made several little things.

l029.jpg

l030.jpg

l028.jpg

l031.jpg

l032.jpg

l033.jpg

l034.jpg

With the help of "remains", again, I realized an external box made with plastic and photo-etched.
The contents of the drawer are flat wagon loaded with tables and technical data, made with Photoshop at high resolution and with a total size of 4cm wide x 3cm high, cut in two to get those two plans rolled.

planos-vagones-1.jpg

I hope you enjoy this little delicatessen.

See you soon and thanks for looking!

Yago.

New photos...

l039.jpg

l040.jpg

l041.jpg

l042.jpg

l043.jpg

l044.jpg

l045.jpg

l046.jpg

l047.jpg

l048.jpg

l049.jpg

l050.jpg

l051.jpg

l052.jpg

l053.jpg

l054.jpg

l055.jpg

l056.jpg

l057.jpg

l058.jpg

l059.jpg

l060.jpg

I hope you like it.

I will try to do new photos. And I will try to do photos of the structure. Still(yet) some things: as the system of anchorage; to cover some orifices with putty; to place clinches in the plates of anchorage of the crane, etc.

See you.

Yago.

Yago,
This looks great, Dragon seems to be re-releasing a lot of
the train cars and they are putting different figure sets
out with them. The local Hobby Town USA shops seem to be
getting them, as I have seen a few in each one that I have
gone to and guys that model with us on Fridays say the
same thing about the other shops.
Really loved following your build.
Thanks for posting it.
Shawn

Thank you so much. If you have photos of this kits or dioramas with wagons and figures, send me it or post it here. I would like to see it. Sure I enjoy with them.

See you!.

Yago.

Back